Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. I think it's an area, after striker, that you can justify investing in until you get it right.

I wouldn’t disagree on its value, I’d have an issue with a constant wiping of the state clean, series of mistakes made and the need to constantly reinvest, we’re guilty of it in so many areas, central midfield and wide positions - its fine to philosophical about from a footballing point of view, but when you look at the resource# used, its impact on our finances, our ability to progress and develop. Then you have to say it’s poor recruitment as it’s undermining. We invested in two lads in Gomes and Delph two year ago for the guts of 50 mill, wages of jointly about 250k - we seem to be able only to loan out to the championship, a poor under,I I g decision was made somewhere down the line and the club is negatively financially impacted.

nice one. why did you search for this or do you work at JL Airport ?
@GrandOldTeam designates a crack team of 4-5 of posters per Transfer Window to keep an eye out for private flights on https://www.flightradar24.com/ .

They take it in shifts to keep the skies continually monitored for flights containing potential signings based on rumours and airports of origin.

@Bluesnapper1878 is one of the team this window and he's doing a fantastic job.

I wouldn’t disagree on its value, I’d have an issue with a constant wiping of the state clean, series of mistakes made and the need to constantly reinvest, we’re guilty of it in so many areas, central midfield and wide positions - its fine to philosophical about from a footballing point of view, but when you look at the resource# used, its impact on our finances, our ability to progress and develop. Then you have to say it’s poor recruitment as it’s undermining. We invested in two lads in Gomes and Delph two year ago for the guts of 50 mill, wages of jointly about 250k - we seem to be able only to loan out to the championship, a poor under,I I g decision was made somewhere down the line and the club is negatively financially impacted.

This is the crux of it really.

We can only hope the club learns from its mistakes, but part of that is individuals being held accountable.

One of the principal roles of the board is in oversight of the executive and senior management.

Unfortunately, we don't appear to have a dynamic, demanding board in that respect.

There are no external appointments, nobody without existing ties to the club / owner / chairman, directly or indirectly. I include Ismailov in that category, still in his twenties.

It seems to me that someone coming in from industry, with clout and experience, having done even a brief examination of the clubs business and finances over several years, would very quickly be raising the sort of point you make here - and asking why it happened, and more importantly, what is being done so that it will not happen again?

That's how you make progress.

FFP and STCC force us into austerity and I actually welcome that to some degree as someone had to say stop eventually.

But I'm not so sure that anyone in authority at the club is appreciating the deeper lessons.

This is the crux of it really.

We can only hope the club learns from its mistakes, but part of that is individuals being held accountable.

One of the principal roles of the board is in oversight of the executive and senior management.

Unfortunately, we don't appear to have a dynamic, demanding board in that respect.

There are no external appointments, nobody without existing ties to the club / owner / chairman, directly or indirectly. I include Ismailov in that category, still in his twenties.

It seems to be that someone coming in from industry, with clout and experience, having done even a brief examination of the clubs business and finances over several years, would very quickly be raising the sort of point you make here - and asking why it happened, and more importantly, what is being done so that it will not happen again?

That's how you make progress.

FFP and STCC force us into austerity and I actually welcome that to some degree as someone had to say stop eventually.

But I'm not so sure that anyone in authority at the club is appreciating the deeper lessons.

While it's not perhaps the change people want, I think there has been some evidence of that over the last couple of years, particularly this summer.

We seem to be avoiding hype and expensive signings and looking to improve the squad for much less up front money, often offering cheaper, shorter contracts with much power fees.

Whether this is just a 1 year aberration while we wait for the rules to be updated, something tied to Benitez or a longer term ploy I dont know.

However we look to have improved the team without having to pay a lot of money. Whereas in the past we have spent a lot of money to not improve the team.

If we can finish the window with Anguissa on loan, the right back for 3m and Hoppe for 2-4m we will have brought in 6 players, for under 10 million quid. It's a marked change, and probably a welcome one.

I don’t believe we will sign another player without seeing one go first, even on loan. Fully expect any outs to go right down to the wire too.
Gregg O’keeffe said that in a pod yesterday. Though according to reports we wanted to loan Dumfries. So where was that loan fee coming from and also we apparently have money for young players.

If the worst case happens and we can’t shift the player for money, that we want to. And can only get a few loans out the door. I still think Moshiri will do something late in the window. He can’t leave Rafael with this squad for the season

Baffles me the transfer window, why did they ditch the closing it before the season starts, only did that once and given most deals are done in the final week, does it really matter when that final week is? May as well just open it for a fortnight most of it is empty and wasted, dofs and managers playing chess to save a few quid.

Gregg O’keeffe said that in a pod yesterday. Though according to reports we wanted to loan Dumfries. So where was that loan fee coming from and also we apparently have money for young players.

If the worst case happens and we can’t shift the player for money, that we want to. And can only get a few loans out the door. I still think Moshiri will do something late in the window. He can’t leave Rafael with this squad for the season
We’ll see a few deals before the deadline I imagine. There do seem to be reports in the media that a lot of PL teams are struggling to offload fringe players this summer so that is maybe contributing to a slow market.

Think I heard someone saying Romano thinks Benitez wants to keep Kean which is…. interesting based on his apparent desire to leg it ASAP.

Baffles me the transfer window, why did they ditch the closing it before the season starts, only did that once and given most deals are done in the final week, does it really matter when that final week is? May as well just open it for a fortnight most of it is empty and wasted, dofs and managers playing chess to save a few quid.
Because it put PL clubs at a massive disadvantage vs the rest of Europe, and for that reason all the clubs hated it.

Really odd one. Most, if not all, managers would prefer it to shut before the season begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.