2021/22 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few times he got done, him and Townsend did as well. Good job their left winger has an awful final ball

When they got passed around? Sure, but that's hardly a slamming indication he's finished, it was more well played to the Southampton lads than Coleman being done.

I'm not for one second saying we're not maybe due some younger blood but Coleman was in no way deserving of critisicm today.

When they got passed around? Sure, but that's hardly a slamming indication he's finished, it was more well played to the Southampton lads than Coleman being done.

I'm not for one second saying we're not maybe due some younger blood but Coleman was in no way deserving of critisicm today.
Saying he’s not good enough anymore, is not necessarily criticising his performance today. Surely everybody can see he’s a poor footballer. That offers very little to the team.

Giving 100% and fighting for the shirt, is the least a footballer should do. But he hasn’t got the legs to get up and down or the pace to hurt the opposition, like he could 4/5 years ago. Even then his final ball, touch, control was very average. But his ability to go past players and cause panic abs open up space for the other attackers in the team, helped us big time.

Now he basically goes back. And any team playing us, will give more space to him, and who ever the RW is. And pay more attention and try lock down our left side. So by keeping Coleman for another season, effects the whole team. Don’t get me wrong he’s not the only one in the team, we have 4/5 technically poor players

Saying he’s not good enough anymore, is not necessarily criticising his performance today. Surely everybody can see he’s a poor footballer. That offers very little to the team.

Giving 100% and fighting for the shirt, is the least a footballer should do. But he hasn’t got the legs to get up and down or the pace to hurt the opposition, like he could 4/5 years ago. Even then his final ball, touch, control was very average. But his ability to go past players and cause panic abs open up space for the other attackers in the team, helped us big time.

Now he basically goes back. And any team playing us, will give more space to him, and who ever the RW is. And pay more attention and try lock down our left side. So by keeping Coleman for another season, effects the whole team. Don’t get me wrong he’s not the only one in the team, we have 4/5 technically poor players

I felt we were more exposed down our left than right today mate but I'll admit that was watching whilst on the booze.

Coleman still managed to postion himself well a few times throughout to sniff out danger and pass to Pickford/Holgate etc.

The way it gets portrayed on here you'd expect that they were constantly down his side getting joy which just wasn't the case and yes.

I felt we were more exposed down our left than right today mate but I'll admit that was watching whilst on the booze.

Coleman still managed to postion himself well a few times throughout to sniff out danger and pass to Pickford/Holgate etc.

The way it gets portrayed on here you'd expect that they were constantly down his side getting joy which just wasn't the case and yes.
I’m taking about going forward mate, we know he can still do a good job defensively. Got done a few times today, by a tricky winger.

But I’m talking about being an attacking Right back and helping us from an attacking point of view. He doesn’t offer anything. One decent cross or pass ok 90 minutes is not enough. Full backs in the modern game are massive.

I’m taking about going forward mate, we know he can still do a good job defensively. Got done a few times today, by a tricky winger.

But I’m talking about being an attacking Right back and helping us from an attacking point of view. He doesn’t offer anything. One decent cross or pass ok 90 minutes is not enough. Full backs in the modern game are massive.

Ah, I see your point now.
He's always been fraught with frustration as an attacking force though with occasional smatterings of real quality.
Those moments are unfortunately all too rare especially now.
If we don't sign a replacement as looks likely then hopefully Townsend can provide that quality ball in to counter it.

Decent start today to be fair.

A few times he got done, him and Townsend did as well. Good job their left winger has an awful final ball

….in that incident, Townsend followed the ball and left his runner. Basics really, but wide midfielders often do that for some reason.

I thought Coleman was adequate, but that’s what he is these days. He’s fine, he effectively contributes but we need somebody really progressive to share the workload.

Can we take him round back and put him out of his misery for all our sake

Erm what

We need a replacement but the whole point of signing a replacement is that we have more than 1 capable right back. We are one little injury away from Kenny starting every week and thats the concern.

Coleman Isn't able to play every week anymore. If we have to rely on him for a full season then we are going to struggle

Status
Not open for further replies.