2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.

We don't deserve James. If you think you can know what's going on behind the scenes, and if Benitez leaves him out just cos he doesn't like him, we fully deserve Arsenal, Newcastle and any other Championship rejects in our squad, and we should be happy with Premier League survival every year.

Can't believe Ancelotti + James + a good crop of young players was the start of a downward spiral. Love the club, but feel thoroughly depressed that we cannot hang on to James. Lurching from Chelsea-style transfers to Newcastle to some sort of Allardyce hybrid. Wish we just had something to hold on to.

We don't deserve James. If you think you can know what's going on behind the scenes, and if Benitez leaves him out just cos he doesn't like him, we fully deserve Arsenal, Newcastle and any other Championship rejects in our squad, and we should be happy with Premier League survival every year.

Can't believe Ancelotti + James + a good crop of young players was the start of a downward spiral. Love the club, but feel thoroughly depressed that we cannot hang on to James. Lurching from Chelsea-style transfers to Newcastle to some sort of Allardyce hybrid. Wish we just had something to hold on to.
Hold onto the misery and you'll never be short of something to grip hold of.

If you honestly believe that Covid has managed to only make the players the manager doesn’t like isolate then I have a bridge to sell you
Of course it's nonsense. Yerry Mina was at James House earlier this week. So unless he is isolating and out of the squad, we know it's nonsense.

That said, Kean and Gbamin did miss the Utd game with the same excuse, and I get the impression Gbamin is not 1 of the ones for the chop.

It's a brilliant, convenient excuse for any unwanted questions at press conferences though. Certainly beats "1 of our players is being questioned by police and we are helping with the investigation".

James doesn’t strike me as the kind of guy that would pretend he is isolating to save face for Benitez.

Look what happened when Columbia dropped him recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.