2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from Godfrey I fully agree but people (I'm sure someone earlier today said he's bigger than the club) are going on like he's our Maradona to Napoli. He doesn't even want to be here. i hope he stays because he's a good player but I won't be that bothered if he goes. I'm not having any player thinking they're bigger/better than the club.

Fair points...but I think it's the idea of being able replace what he brings.

We haven't even replaced Ross Barkley properly FFS. Lukaku the same (until Dom turned into something last season).

We have zero creativity if he goes. None. So unless we pull a rabbit out the hat...it's just yet another step backwards

I suspect James’ wages are a bigger barrier than our fee demands right now. Of course we’d like eg €20m but we’d take anything north of zero if push comes to shove to free up the wages. Obviously the nearer it is to zero the less we can do to replace him.
People keep going on about his wages, but he’s on like £140k by most accounts.

a lot, but not ridiculous, especially when you consider how much we’ve cut off the wage bill already this summer

a lot, but not ridiculous, especially when you consider how much we’ve cut off the wage bill already this summer

140k for someone only fit for half the season?

Midtable clubs cant afford that mate particularly with our wage bill.

I have seen figures ranging from 90k to 200k per week so it probably is somewhere in between, either way we cannot afford large wages for players the manager won't play.

I am genuinely surprised that there does not appear to be any clubs interested in signing him

It is. But then someone could give me a job that involved vaulting the Grand Canyon on a space hopper... Doesn't make it any easier or more realistic of a proposition.
We called them ‘moon hoppers’ here in NZ. My younger brother got one one Christmas back in the 70s...blue it was...royal blue.
As an aside my younger brother’s nick name was Cyril, after Cyril Regis. To this day , I only call him by that name...but no-one else is allowed to call him that! Cyril and I were very close...still are. Cyril was the only one of us 4 children(siblings) born in NZ...but he lives in the UK now.

Why was he making it sound like he was being left out by Mr. Mean Benitez when it’s actually down to COVID.

Status
Not open for further replies.