Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe La Liga are also following the wages rule...70% for Barca off the top of my head.

@Neiler When you looked at the FFP stuff a week or so ago, did you work out how we would look next summer if we had zero net spend this year + our revenue and P/L were similar?

I think as we would lose the first of the three years were using now then we should be far better off?

Yes, bizarre and people forget that Townsend and Gray are on 2 and 3 year deals. That means wages in addition to sign on fees and agent fees.

Lets hope that Iwobi, Gomes and Delph are three of the players out.

In an ideal world, those three with Keane and Kenny along with Tosun would really make for a good sweep of the broom.

….I know you keep churning out these names for offloading but I think it’s an awful long way from reality. As far as I know, Tosun is injured, I can’t see a club taking his wages on until January at the earliest. It’s 99% certain Keane will be here. I’d be amazed if anybody was prepared to pay decent money for Iwobi, never mind match his wages.

Kenny & Delph might have an opportunity to leave but I wouldn’t hold your breath.

McNeil is a decent player but he strikes me as a 7/10 player with no prospect of ever being a 9/10.
He hasn’t improved significantly since he started getting first team football and there is nothing in his skill set that suggests that will change much.

Would be a decent but underwhelming signing for me - I think we need more of a goal threat.

i dont think anyone is hating him on here. It is just McNeill is not the playmaker / goalscoring attacking mid that we need with James set to be shipped out and we relied too much on Richarlison/DCL for goals last season.

Clearly theres a huge difference in quality, but if you put James into that Burnley team would there be a massive difference?

McNeil got 2 gosls / 5 assists = 7
James got 6 goals / 4 assists = 10

Of course James played 23 games and McNeil played 36.

But if James can only play 20 or so matches a season and McNeil is playing for Everton and not Burnley...

...perhaps McNeil can double those numbers?

At 21 years old i think he could be a really clever signing.

If he preferred it to be shut now while we have no new right back, nor starting right wingerand 3 ropey signings then its a major concern.

Coleman and Townsend down the right is mind blowing.

…and that’s the reality. The baseline is we’ll go with what we have until January, any we do bring in now will be a bonus.

….I know you keep churning out these names for offloading but I think it’s an awful long way from reality. As far as I know, Tosun is injured, I can’t see a club taking his wages on until January at the earliest. It’s 99% certain Keane will be here. I’d be amazed if anybody was prepared to pay decent money for Iwobi, never mind match his wages.

Kenny & Delph might have an opportunity to leave but I wouldn’t hold your breath.

There have been rumours of Iwobi, Delph, Gomes and a Tosun all leaving this window along with Davies.

This is the transfer thread and those are the rumours...along with the better players of Richarlison, DCL James and Kean.

As for Keane, Benitez has had a good track record with centre backs. Id be disappointed if this or next summer he hadnt changed things around there.

Clearly theres a huge difference in quality, but if you put James into that Burnley team would there be a massive difference?

But if James can only play 20 or so matches a season and McNeil is playing for Everton and not Burnley...

Tbf I’d be very happy with him had we signed a Bailey rather than a Townsend. Would have given us a variety of options and ways to play.

The answer is obvious and he did reference it eg ‘FFP restrictions’.

We are clearly (though not spoken) in sell to buy mode.

This is not due to cash flow but due to our past and projected losses.

We have to shed wages, ideally make transfer profits and try to avoid adding amortisation costs (so cheap, free, loan incomings).

If we could shift all of Kean, Gomes, James for actual cash not just loans and partial wage cover then we can probably add one or two for a fee...but that seems pretty unlikely right now.

We are also stuck with a £9m P&L amortisation charge for the man we cannot name even if his wages are stopped whilst suspended (which depends on contract language and is not certain). Stuff like that is crippling on the PL Profit test.

….goals and assists stats are important but they don’t tell the whole story. It’s also not necessarily a case of Rodriguez v McNeil, they might compliment each other.

Rodriguez is a joy to watch but I always thought his was only a short-term soell. Benitez is single minded, he won’t like the persistent questions regarding him.

Status
Not open for further replies.