Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently he’s not divisive and it’s supported by 3/4 of the fanbase . I can only assume the people I know make up that 1/4!

I will say the majority of those I know are giving him a chance but I wouldn’t describe one of them as supporting him .
This is the crux of it, the Benitez Kultists assume that tolerance of our existing situation is unqualified support of Benitez. Many supporters of the club realise that this is the situation we are in and hope that it can be a success but are very worried that it won't be, the likes of @ForeverBlue92, @4737carlin et al, don't seem to think anyone can hold those two thoughts in their heads at the same time and that they are somehow incompatible with each other. Maybe it's them that are incapable of nuanced thought, and not all the people they accuse of being bad fans?

David Squires...

Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 12.17.52.png

This is the crux of it, the Benitez Kultists assume that tolerance of our existing situation is unqualified support of Benitez. Many supporters of the club realise that this is the situation we are in and hope that it can be a success but are very worried that it won't be, the likes of @ForeverBlue92, @4737carlin et al, don't seem to think anyone can hold those two thoughts in their heads at the same time and that they are somehow incompatible with each other. Maybe it's them that are incapable of nuanced thought, and not all the people they accuse of being bad fans?

Worried that a manager MIGHT not work out???

I've worried that about every manager since Moyes but guess what - I dont go abusing the new bloke before a ball has been kicked, putting up threatening banners around the ground/blokes house and demanding him sacked after a pre season defeat away to Manchester Utd with no CF on the pitch.

Those people including myself who have doubts but are willing to wait and see what happens / give the bloke a fair crack of the whip I haven't a problem with - its the rabid cult that you fester in spewing propaganda and hatred when its not needed. :coffee:

The fans who are against Benitez are the true Everton fans. Our love for Everton, is the fuel that drives our dislike of this manager. It is in Everton's best interests, that he is no longer manager. I want him out come hell or highwater, and no one and i mean no one, will make me change my mind on that.

I've worried that about every manager since Moyes but guess what - I dont go abusing the new bloke before a ball has been kicked, putting up threatening banners around the ground/blokes house and demanding him sacked after a pre season defeat away to Manchester Utd with no CF on the pitch.

Those people including myself who have doubts but are willing to wait and see what happens / give the bloke a fair crack of the whip I haven't a problem with - its the rabid cult that you fester in spewing propaganda and hatred when its not needed. :coffee:
Its good you dont have a problem over patient doubters as theres an awful lot of us for whom the jury will remain out for a good while. Dont let it get to you. A "Cult" though ? ... nah, wrong side of Stanley Park for that unique distinction.

I'm festering in a cult because I don't think Benitez is good enough!
Thank you for proving that you are incapable of nuance, that was my original point after all.

The fans who are against Benitez are the true Everton fans. Our love for Everton, is the fuel that drives our dislike of this manager. It is in Everton's best interests, that he is no longer manager. I want him out come hell or highwater, and no one and i mean no one, will make me change my mind on that.
There's no true Everton fans. We're all Everton fans. Some Everton fans are not only tolerant of having an active koppite as a manager but are actively revelling in it. They're still Everton fans, and they are perfectly entitled to their opinion. I won't claim they are not good Evertonians, I think they are mistaken Evertonians, but they are Evertonians that I am sure care deeply about the club. I will leave the denigration of other Evertonians to @ForeverBlue92, @4737carlin and the like.

I'm festering in a cult because I don't think Benitez is good enough!
Thank you for proving that you are incapable of nuance, that was my original point after all.

Even if you think he isnt good enough Why insult/abuse the bloke? Demand him sacked before a ball has been kicked?

Would you have done this with other managers?

We see you Windy.

Even if you think he is good enough Why insult/abuse the bloke? Demand him sacked before a ball has been kicked?

We see you Windy.
Oooohh, WE see you. That sounds a bit culty talking in the collective.

This manager is not like other managers, I know you can't see it even after it has been explained to you over and over but it remains true.

I agree that abuse is not acceptable when directed to the individual specifically and certainly not in person, however venting on a forum is fine, in my opinion. Likewise, everybody calling for him to be sacked immediately knows it is not going to happen, once again this is letting out frustration on a forum and is perfectly acceptable.

The point you should take from all of this is that for a substantial number of Evertonians, not one man and his dog and you assert, are deeply dissatisfied with this appointment. Given the state of the squad and our financial situation a lack of goodwill towards our manager is a very dangerous thing and was easily avoidable. The board have taken a huge risk with this appointment and the consequences could be stark.

TL:DR. I don't do massive posts with carefully worked arguments about how dangerous an appointment Benitez could be for EFC because calling him FSW sums it up much quicker.

My expectations are top half. We can get there with what we have.

Personally Ild rather we sold all the *quality* players we have like DCL and Richarlison and spend the money on players who have stomach for a fight and turn up each week. That might entail finishing bottom half for a season while it beds in.

We need to re-establish an identity. Leeds did it under Bielsa. We have to be thinking along those radical lines. Hard work and movement. Team work and a fan base committed to the project.

This drift under Moshiri/Koeman/Brands has to stop and professionalism has to return.

That went out the window when they appointed the most divisive manager imaginable.

Even on that poll, which was presented in an extremely prejudicial manner and was roundly ignored by a large number of forum members had a quarter of the participants actively against Benitez. There were audible FSW chants at the Man Utd friendly, which seems difficult for "keyboard warriors" to achieve.
He's a divisive appointment, you can claim that he's not and that there is essentially no opposition to his appointment if you like but it's not even close to being the truth.
I couldn’t choose the manager.

I can choose whether to sing obscene chants.
I can choose whether to support.

We can’t afford to sack him. He is here for a while. We either try and make things work with him or we drive the club over the cliff.

Even if you think he isnt good enough Why insult/abuse the bloke? Demand him sacked before a ball has been kicked?

We see you Windy.
You literally insulted/abused him before he was even here. Stop it with your hypocrisy.

"I'll be honest though if Fat Rafael is the man for the job he'll get my backing."

foreverblue92 on 22nd June.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.