Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooohh, WE see you. That sounds a bit culty talking in the collective.

This manager is not like other managers, I know you can't see it even after it has been explained to you over and over but it remains true.

I agree that abuse is not acceptable when directed to the individual specifically and certainly not in person, however venting on a forum is fine, in my opinion. Likewise, everybody calling for him to be sacked immediately knows it is not going to happen, once again this is letting out frustration on a forum and is perfectly acceptable.

The point you should take from all of this is that for a substantial number of Evertonians, not one man and his dog and you assert, are deeply dissatisfied with this appointment. Given the state of the squad and our financial situation a lack of goodwill towards our manager is a very dangerous thing and was easily avoidable. The board have taken a huge risk with this appointment and the consequences could be stark.

TL:DR. I don't do massive posts with carefully worked arguments about how dangerous an appointment Benitez could be for EFC because calling him FSW sums it up much quicker.

The reality is that the only attainable manager close to Ancelotti's style who was free and available in our finance range was Benitez. Moyes would have been hammered just as badly, Dyche wouldn't have been given a chance by the cult because he's gruff and ginger so it leaves managers who play a different style/system which you need to sign 5-6 players of good quality to play that new system - with what money?

If you're not prepared to accept the financial reality of the club this summer then thats fine but don't take that out on the board and new manager who are doing their best in the situation we find ourselves in.

If you need to vent head down to Finch Farm and demand to see Brands and ask why he has wasted over £85 million on the likes of Gomes, Delph, Iwobi & Kean - thats the source of peoples real anger but its much easier to take it out on the ex LFC manager who has been here 5 minutes.

I wonder if any old vintage bedsheets stuck in the wardrobe will make an appearance outside the ground this weekend :)
View attachment 135711
Yes because the similarities between the 2 are so obvious arent they - one a Goodison hero, widely revered as one of the greatest players ever to pull on the royal blue jersey.

While the other - welll lets just say hes not a good fit for the club shall we?

So calling someone fat isn't insulting or abusing someone? Right OK.

Difference calling someone say "Fat/Big Sam" to "cant believe we've signed that fat disgusting pig Alladyce oink oink gonna take ma bedsheet to GP calling him an **expletive**"

Ferguson often gets called a galoot on here, Benard was called small/a scamp because of his height - hardly abuse.

Not that I ever feel this is the reason why he should not be our manager, but I think the FSW really opened the door to being insulted when he insulted our club with his comments after the derby game.

AAE40A96-1558-42EB-A5FE-079FEED1470C.jpeg

Worried that a manager MIGHT not work out???

I've worried that about every manager since Moyes but guess what - I dont go abusing the new bloke before a ball has been kicked, putting up threatening banners around the ground/blokes house and demanding him sacked after a pre season defeat away to Manchester Utd with no CF on the pitch.

Those people including myself who have doubts but are willing to wait and see what happens / give the bloke a fair crack of the whip I haven't a problem with - its the rabid cult that you fester in spewing propaganda and hatred when its not needed. :coffee:
Mate, you've had your tongue stuck up his arse since he was appointed. Pet names like 'Benny' and christening him his Kopite name 'the Rafatollah'. Calling good blues with genuine reservations part of a cult.

If you've genuinely got doubts but are willing to give him a chance, turn it in with acting like he's the second coming. Unless you're just trying to wind everyone up of course

Mate, you've had your tongue stuck up his arse since he was appointed. Pet names like 'Benny' and christening him his Kopite name 'the Rafatollah'. Calling good blues with genuine reservations part of a cult.

If you've genuinely got doubts but are willing to give him a chance, turn it in with acting like he's the second coming. Unless you're just trying to wind everyone up of course

I have no stake in Benitez as I never wanted him as manager I was on board the Galtier train - but he's here and deserves a chance as much as those who have come before him even more so if funds are tight and he cant be adequately backed.

To want him sacked/chased out via mutiny in the stands does nothing for us in our current situation especially when the season hasn't even started.

There's no true Everton fans. We're all Everton fans. Some Everton fans are not only tolerant of having an active koppite as a manager but are actively revelling in it. They're still Everton fans, and they are perfectly entitled to their opinion. I won't claim they are not good Evertonians, I think they are mistaken Evertonians, but they are Evertonians that I am sure care deeply about the club. I will leave the denigration of other Evertonians to @ForeverBlue92, @4737carlin and the like.
They are mistaken Evertonians, who will eventually have to repent for their sins. ?

FourFourTwo are predicting he gets us to 9th. If he does, fair play to him for improving on last year but I can't see it. And can't really work out how they came up with that prediction when they admit he is a cautious tactician and our midfield can't score goals as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.