Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF you going on about??

So hipster, that all the best coaches in the world use it, but peeps who haven’t won a bean are the ones who we should follow

All the best coaches **with the best defenders** use it.

We haven't got the best defenders so it should be playing to our strengths but we think we are to big and clever to do that hence why we were shipping goals left, right and centre using it under the likes of Silva.

Sadly some will moan even if we start well, great club poor fanbase

Wouldn't say a poor fanbase mate think we've suffered a lot considering we never have anything to shout about whilst living next door to that lot and the Manc clubs down the road.

We certainly do have a fringe element of lunatics though who still think its the 80's and that we should be winning titles with Guardiola as manager.

Its why I laugh at the argument of "anyone but Benitez" had we appointed Moyes, Dyche, Howe etc realistic managers in our current situation this same fringe element would have been up in arms.

do you think he lasts the season?

im not sure really, im not sure we can afford to sack him but if he goes on a bad run....

LoL ok if you say so mate. lol The vote had nothing to do with popularity or liking him, just simply will you get behind him and the majority on here will. That is all that was asked and that was all that was given. I am very confident that if the vote was the other way round i.e heavily towards not being behind him it would all of a sudden become more credible. ;)

It is what it is.
Mate I m not trying to be argumentative honestly but the poll was What it was and had an intention of you can’t see that then fine . I don’t want the bloke and have real concerns but I have every intention of giving him a chance .

from the author of the poll to the “when did you stop beating your wife “ nature of it it’s fairly obvious what way it was aimed and that’s fine but to hold it up as a credible indicator of someone’s popularity then I’d say is stretching it .

Giving someone a chance is where most of us are but to conflate that with support or backing again feels like pushing it .

I have little interest in polls to be honest as I’m sure you do with anecdotal stories but if you think the majority of this fanbase ‘support ‘ , not are prepared to give this bloke a chance but support then we disagree fairly strongly . Since you believe he’s ‘supported’ how many renditions of ‘bentitez’s blue and white army ‘ or ‘we’re on the March with ****’s army ‘ are you thinking we’ll hear Saturday ?

look I hope we win comfortably and at least for a bit we can all move forward and relax a bit as a fanbase . I’m certainly willing to give our manager a chase , am I supporting him ? No not really

Well i am going to quote you on it matey because it is nowhere near 50% and everyone that voted is visible. lol

It currently stands at 76.2% on here will give him a chance which is over three quarters i.e a majority.

Granted that is based upon just this forum but from my experience it is even higher than that away from the keyboard warrioring social media platforms. lol
Even on that poll, which was presented in an extremely prejudicial manner and was roundly ignored by a large number of forum members had a quarter of the participants actively against Benitez. There were audible FSW chants at the Man Utd friendly, which seems difficult for "keyboard warriors" to achieve.
He's a divisive appointment, you can claim that he's not and that there is essentially no opposition to his appointment if you like but it's not even close to being the truth.

Even on that poll, which was presented in an extremely prejudicial manner and was roundly ignored by a large number of forum members had a quarter of the participants actively against Benitez. There were audible FSW chants at the Man Utd friendly, which seems difficult for "keyboard warriors" to achieve.
He's a divisive appointment, you can claim that he's not and that there is essentially no opposition to his appointment if you like but it's not even close to being the truth.
Apparently he’s not divisive and it’s supported by 3/4 of the fanbase . I can only assume the people I know make up that 1/4!

I will say the majority of those I know are giving him a chance but I wouldn’t describe one of them as supporting him .

Status
Not open for further replies.