Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im getting behind the club and acknowledge our financial situation - maybe you should do the same.

Kean is who scored 2 in 31 games -now THAT is a carthorse.

Young lad with massive potential who’s scored goals everywhere else or some fella who had an ok season 3 years ago and has since then been in dreadful leagues. I know who I’d rather have.

Any player who chose - willingly - to leave the top leagues to be paid in China in his prime should be avoided like the plague.

Rondon has proven himself to be a mercenary. He's the wrong age and epitomises everything we shouldn't be doing in terms of a transfer, for any amount of money.

It's a hard no from me.

No, sorry but disagree. We have to stop handing contracts to marginally less crap than we already have or had for the sake of it.

Im certainly not advocating giving him a silly contract - but a 1 year deal as an option off the bench is hardly a disaster when Tosuns contract is up at the end of the season and our financial situation will look better next summer.

If we just stay as we are its bottom half we have to take the odd gamble/punt and hope it pays dividends.

Im certainly not advocating giving him a silly contract - but a 1 year deal as an option off the bench is hardly a disaster when Tosuns contract is up at the end of the season and our financial situation will look better next summer.

If we just stay as we are its bottom half we have to take the odd gamble/punt and hope it pays dividends.

Nope, not even a 1 year deal for me. It's just a 100% no.

Your logic is fine; the player profile isn't.

If we're taking the "odd gamble/punt" this season on a striker, then with Messi going PSG then we may as well give Kean a run out - may as well, we're finishing around 10th regardless.

Young lad with massive potential who’s scored goals everywhere else or some fella who had an ok season 3 years ago and has since then been in dreadful leagues. I know who I’d rather have.

Such massive potential that not one club have shown an interest despite the club hawking him around?

He's over rated and epitomises our transfer policy of recent years - all style little substance.

Lad would have been booted within 2 seconds under Moyes.

Who we signing as a back up mate?

I cant wait to here who this 20 goal quality striker Brands has up his sleeve on a cost effective deal.

And what if DCL is gassed/injured?

Kean shown absolutely zilch playing up top on his own in England. In a front 2 he could possibly do well but I doubt we'll go 2 up top much as it means a man less in midfield and we get over run as it is.

I want a different option. I dont know if that can be Kean or not or whether he will be sold. But I dont want a vastly inferior version of DCL, I want an entirely different option with more direct running ability with the ball and a decent shot from the edge of the box.

We're not in for Rondon ffs

I'd have faith we weren't if we had a Director of Football who did something and a manager who hasn't already brought in one of his "old favourites" on a free.

It wouldn't surprise me if we did it. I'd be gutted, as it'd be further evidence that the club is absolutely terrible at everything, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Mid September. We've just signed two wingers so can move Richy central.

It just shows remarkable lack of scouting/imagination if Rondon is all that is available.

I wouldn't say its lack of scouting more that we are up to our eyeballs with FFP and still need to spend on a RB, RW & CM for the starting 11.

Im certain if we had £90 million for Lukaku or Martinez we would have been in for either one of them.

The level of angst in the fanbase at the moment is based solely on unrealistic expectations. We can talk about signing quality next summer when we flog Richarlison or DCL for massive money until then its bargain based deals unless we can punt a Holgate/Kean.

Status
Not open for further replies.