Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean hes 21 and will get better wont he?
He might. My concern is that he's not currently getting better. He's played 2 and a half seasons as a first team regular and is more or less the same player that started out. If our plan is just to have him play on the left and bomb crosses at DCL I'm not really sure there's anything to suggest he's going to be more than the guy he was at Burnley. That's what he's doing now so what are we going to be developing that they aren't?

I think McNeil may well be over priced, I don’t see Burnley letting him go for 25 million and really he is too big a risk for a club like us at the kind of money they would want. I can live with that, we’re finishing mid table with or without him, but, if we don’t sign a first choice right back, mid table may well be wishful thinking.

I think he's saying that lots of businesses lose money in an effort to grow or gain market share. In order to keep growing they get outside investors to plough money into them to achieve their aims. As long as you can keep raising rounds of investment you can keep spending even in a business that's losing money hand over fist.
Until one day..........................

Mine isn't a guess, it's a fact. And I agreed with you last summer, I knew we had money to spend. We've pushed our luck for too long with overspending and until we sell, we will continue to be shopping in the bargain bucket.

And why would Benítez take this job? Because he's being paid handsomely and it's on his doorstep hahaha. Obviously.
Are you the CFO at Everton, if not it is a guess.

I think McNeil may well be over priced, I don’t see Burnley letting him go for 25 million and really he is too big a risk for a club like us at the kind of money they would want. I can live with that, we’re finishing mid table with or without him, but, if we don’t sign a first choice right back, mid table may well be wishful thinking.
I think that is a fair point.
However, that would definitely have been said about the Richarlison signing.
There is risk in every transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.