Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody paid for naming rights years before the stadium opened ?

Usmanov/USM are hardly external and by the book when it comes to EFC though mate.

I mean they are paying £12 million a year to sponser Finch Farm and paid £30 million to be front of a none existent que to sponser BMD at a time Spurs are struggling to find a naming rights deal despite being a much more lucrative club.

Five and a half years of financial turmoil and failure to address the weaknesses in the boardroom exacerbated by a succession of poor managerial appointments.

I didn't want Benitez but for the sake of the club, his appointment needs to work.

This in spades. If he is unimaginably successful he will be here at most 5/6 years tops, it isn't long in the grand scheme of things. But we need someone to be here at least 3 years and steady the ship. If that doesn't happen we are going to get someone else who doesn't like Townsend or whoever, that season will be a write off - the next one will be the 'transition' season and so on.

Like him/hate him it doesn't matter, we need to have a few stable years, incrementally get better so when someone else comes in we are in good shape to carry on the upwards trajectory.

I think the club will spend on 1-2 more players mate but that will be on the basis of James or Kean likely leaving by the end of the window.
Btw
Seeing as you think this summer will be different but next year we spend as usual based on players leaving the club.

Transfermarkt
2018/19 Players out 23

2019/20 Players out 22

2020/22 Players out 8 upto now

Players contract ending, sold or loaned , same every year , this or next wont any different.
Lots of big earners gone.

Btw
Seeing as you think this summer will be different but next year we spend as usual based on players leaving the club.

Transfermarkt
2018/19 Players out 23

2019/20 Players out 22

2020/22 Players out 8 upto now

Players contract ending, sold or loaned , same every year , this or next wont any different.
Lots of big earners gone.

Agree to disagree mate - I think we'll spend more next summer due to a few factors and that this summer there is more constraints on the budget.

Right now the facts are Benitez has spent £1.5 million.

Koeman spent approx over £200 million across two summers

Silva spent around £200 million across two summers

Alladyce spent approx £45 million in one January window

Carlo spent approx £70 million last summer

I think this will be the summer window of the lowest expenditure so far and will see us lose James or Kean to help balance the books if we do bring in 1-2 players for decent fees hence why for me im not demanding much from Benitez this season.

Last edited:

Agree to disagree mate - I think we'll spend more next summer due to a few factors and that this summer there is more constraints on the budget.

Koeman spent over £200 million across two summers

Alladyce spent £45 million in one January window

Carlo spent £70 million last summer

I think this will be the summer window of the lowest expenditure so far and will see us lose James or Kean to help balance the books if we do bring in 1-2 players for decent fees hence why for me im not demanding much from Benitez this season.
Selling Kean & James doesnt do anything different than ANY summer.
As i showed you there are lots EVERY summer ins/outs.Big earners off the books Walcott , Sandro , Bolasie ...there's lots of them.
Then they are replaced with hopefully better players.
It really is NO different than any other year.
Its how football works.

When you put it that way it is staggering. And the thing I don't like about this is if, with Silva for instance, you invest £200m in your manager's players, and then sack him, it is obviously going to cause turmoil and take the club backwards. This cycle of new managers, new squads, deadwood, hope, transition, despair, hope, transition, despair, is so tiring

When you put it that way it is staggering. And the thing I don't like about this is if, with Silva for instance, you invest £200m in your manager's players, and then sack him, it is obviously going to cause turmoil and take the club backwards. This cycle of new managers, new squads, deadwood, hope, transition, despair, hope, transition, despair, is so tiring

Which is why we need a period of stability going into BMD and everyone backing the manager regardless of their feelings towards him.

This is a tough summer we just have to ride it out and hope that we over achieve this season - getting on the managers back should we not finish top 7 when we haven't done since Ronald Koeman was manager achieves nothing.

The following summer if we spend more then thats when we can demand more and judge him like those before him who had a good budget to work with.

Which is why we need a period of stability going into BMD and everyone backing the manager regardless of their feelings towards him.

This is a tough summer we just have to ride it out and hope that we over achieve this season - getting on the managers back should we not finish top 7 when we haven't done since Ronald Koeman was manager achieves nothing.

The following summer if we spend more then thats when we can demand more and judge him like those before him who had a good budget to work with.
Stop rabbiting about next summer like its some Golden ticket....its not.
What a stupid way of thinking , every other team are & will strengthen.

You know what happens if we dont?
There wont be a next summer to worry about & Benitez will be gone.

Fail to prepare
Prepare to fail.

Good Lord!!! We may as well have had Montgomery Brewster as manager.

God bless.

Doesn't exist as FFP only applies to those clubs competing in Europe.
Were we to qualify for Europe at the end of the coming season, then FFP would become an issue.
Currently we're liable for and bound by Premier League Profit and Sustainability rules.
It's commonly referred to as FFP though, even when talking about the Premier League Profit and Sustainability rules.

Have to laugh at some the Irish, londoners, Americans etc coming in here giving it the big'un at Benitez. He's lived in Liverpool for beards more years than the layers of onion in a scouse stew. He's one of us.

Pull the WOOL from over your eyes and get behind this scouser. He is pulling for Everton. Pull with him ffs.

Have to laugh at some the Irish, londoners, Americans etc coming in here giving it the big'un at Benitez. He's lived in Liverpool for beards more years than the layers of onion in a scouse stew. He's one of us.

Pull the WOOL from over your eyes and get behind this scouser. He is pulling for Everton. Pull with him ffs.
He lives on the Wirral.

He's a Spanish Wool.

I thought we could do better than Ancelotti, not a fan of this guy but I'm sure he will get us playing a style of football & have us finish higher than Carlo did.

Not saying much tho, his greatest achievement was having a midfield pair of Siggy & Gomes start a Prem game together

Status
Not open for further replies.