Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it is when you also have the same for every other linked choice.

So when it was Nuno Santo;

... when Fabrizio Romano and co;

.... was saying it was done and he was coming to Everton...

View attachment 134905

63.1% saying no. That's more than who said no to Benitez.

Also;

View attachment 134906

There was no name, no choice that had universal backing.

There was no name you could say would have benefited from a honeymoon - settling in period.

This is getting daft now.

A thumbs up or down is not the same as threats and fighting with fellow fans.

I don't get what you are both not getting here so I think it's just time to give up.

Third time saying this now; I’m NOT a Benitez fan. Don’t try to pigeonhole me to fit your agenda lad.

You’re a disgrace to the football club and the fanbase. Abusing the first team manager before he’s even managed a competitive game. Give it a rest.

Just one more time in case you’re struggling to read, Benitez is not “beloved” by me, but he’s the manger of our club so either get behind him or put a sock in it.
You are really dumb, aren't you? You do understand people who hate him won't listen to your orders? Why are you repeating it? It's like me telling you to stop loving fat kopite pig. You will love it anyway. Absolutely pointless.

He's won numerous cups in numerous countries with numerous teams.

We have won nothing in 26 years, and are knocking on 40 years since our last title win.

We are in no position to call him "crap". He was, by a massive distance, the most qualified candidate available.
Yes a decade ago at teams you’d expect them to, here’s the thing though, Much like players, managers can start to wane as he has shown, been absolutely toilet for the last several years playing a style of football completely out of touch with the modern game.

What's unique - solely - to him is the type of people it's divisive to. Thick people. Bedwetters. Prejudiced emotional morons. And I say that confidently, because none of them can give me three footballing reasons why he shouldn't have got the job.
1) He took a retirement job in China and barely survived relegation.

2) He actually got Newcastle relegated

3) When he got them back into the premier league, he played some of the worst football in the league.

4) He didn’t get them any higher than mid table

5) Nothing he’s done in football for the best part of a decade shows why he should have been given the job.

Do any of these reasons for me not wanting him appointed make me a thick bedwetting prejudiced moron?

Every manager we were linked with was divisive. Every single one. Because the previous manager was Ancelotti, every one of them was considered a downgrade, the club is a basket case ran by incompetents, we were on a hiding to nothing.

So no, it isn't a reason, as it's not unique to him. If anything, I applaud the man for having the brass balls to take the job knowing just how many bedwetters wish him near enough physical harm.

There's been large portions of our fanbase who have been a legit embarrassment over this.

The Cult have set their stall out too soon over the appointment - if we have a decent season how will they continue to spin the narrative of hate?

Dont get me wrong if we do crap and he bombs I'll happily call for him to be booted but its way too premature at this stage and the banners, weight insults etc. Have been a disgrace.

The Cult have set their stall out too soon over the appointment - if we have a decent season how will they continue to spin the narrative of hate?

Dont get me wrong if we do crap and he bombs I'll happily call for him to be booted but its way too premature at this stage and the banners, weight insults etc. Have been a disgrace.
But you’re not divisive, come on mate .

every time I think I’m over this I’m a moron or in a cult , be arsed

This is getting daft now.

A thumbs up or down is not the same as threats and fighting with fellow fans.

I don't get what you are both not getting here so I think it's just time to give up.

It's really simple mate.

There wasn't any choice that would have been met with big acceptance - to the point of them being given a prolonged honeymoon period.

When you accept that, you become more tolerable/understanding to not avoiding Benitez just because he wasn't popular.

There was no popular choice.

More fans voted against Nuno Santo than Benitez - that gives an indication.

You said Howe would have been accepted just fine.

No. Just no. I'd have fumed against him much more so than Benitez. Evertonian or not.

3) When he got them back into the premier league, he played some of the worst football in the league.

5) Nothing he’s done in football for the best part of a decade shows why he should have been given the job.

Do any of these reasons for me not wanting him appointed make me a thick bedwetting prejudiced moron?

2. No he didn't, he came in March and did reasonably well with what he had. 19th, in freefall, nearly kept them up, just didn't get over the line. No suggestion many other managers could have done much better.

3. But he kept them up, which again given their squad was a good job.

4. It's Newcastle, mid-table is their Champions League.

5. Neither did any of the candidates listed. In many cases they'd done nothing at all to show why they should have been given the job.

So no, again, there's only one valid, definitive reason - the job in China.

Hi Dan.

Who would you rather Everton appointed?

2. No he didn't, he came in March and did reasonably well with what he had. 19th, in freefall, nearly kept them up, just didn't get over the line. No suggestion many other managers could have done much better.

3. But he kept them up, which again given their squad was a good job.

4. It's Newcastle, mid-table is their Champions League.

5. Neither did any of the candidates listed. In many cases they'd done nothing at all to show why they should have been given the job.

So no, again, there's only one valid, definitive reason - the job in China.

No it isn’t. Mid-table is par for the course for them. Their fans are giving Steve Bruce a dog’s life for finishing mid table.

It's really simple mate.

There wasn't any choice that would have been met with big acceptance - to the point of them being given a prolonged honeymoon period.

When you accept that, you become more tolerable/understanding to not avoiding Benitez just because he wasn't popular.

There was no popular choice.

More fans voted against Nuno Santo than Benitez - that gives an indication.

You said Howe would have been accepted just fine.

No. Just no. I'd have fumed against him much more so than Benitez. Evertonian or not.
It doesn't give an indication at all! There is no nuance to it. There are levels of unpopularity. The level of hatred some have for Benitez counteracts the amount who wanted him. Just because more wanted him to be appointed that doesn't silence the dissenters and that hatred is not there with the other options. Thats the key issue.

You may have fumed at Howe, you wouldn't be writing banners about him or anything drastic though would you? I doubt anybody would have done that. Eddie Howe does not illicit the same emotive response. People would indeed have "got on with it" if he was appointed.

If we cant see the emotive part of it then I don't think we can be on the same page here. It's not merely about numbers.

You are really dumb, aren't you? You do understand people who hate him won't listen to your orders? Why are you repeating it? It's like me telling you to stop loving fat kopite pig. You will love it anyway. Absolutely pointless.

Wind it in lad.

Fourth time of saying now that you’re completely missing the point in that I’m not advocating we all get the banners out and declare our undying love for the manager.

But what I AM saying is that utter virgins like yourself need to stop spouting the “fat” and “pig” jibes to someone who is currently our first team manager. I’ll continue to call it out until our fanbase stops behaving like that shower across the park.

Conspicuous by your absence on any form of social media where you’re not anonymous too I hasten to add.

Hi Dan.

Who would you rather Everton appointed?
Hi mate.

I don’t know. I’m not in the business of hiring football managers.

But labelling everyone a thick moron who has genuine reservations over our manager doesn’t sit right with me.

I’ll back him whilst he’s here and want him to do well.

What I was doing in my previous post was listing genuine football reasons why blues might be opposed to our manager, something the OP said couldn’t me done.

Status
Not open for further replies.