Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The window of opportunity we had over the last 4 years of big spending has been wasted unfortunately. We've approached it in the worst, most naive way and clubs hiked up the prices when they saw us coming, as did the players agents. As disappointing as this transfer window has been, we needed to approach things more sustainably. Hopefully we'll be better off in the future because of the different approach but it doesn't give us much hope for this season.

Townsend is on a two year deal. Gray has a three year deal. Begovic has a one year contract. All listed on transfermarkt.

Townsend was free. Begovic was free. Gray cost less than £2m.

Are they sensational players who will transform us on the field? No. Do they help solve some FFP-related problems? Yes, absolutely. I'd argue the contract lengths show that some lessons have been learned in the Club's finance department.
How can adding wages of 3 Premier League players to the club help with FFP? IMO we`ve added another c£100k a week in wages and spent £2m on Damarai Gray. No such thing as `Free`, they will have been paid a transfer fee but not clear how much but I would think you could add another £1m-£2m...

If we get no one else this window it will have to go down as a massive failure and some positions not addressed YET AGAIN!

How can adding wages of 3 Premier League players to the club help with FFP? IMO we`ve added another c£100k a week in wages and spent £2m on Damarai Gray. No such thing as `Free`, they will have been paid a transfer fee but not clear how much but I would think you could add another £1m-£2m...

If we get no one else this window it will have to go down as a massive failure and some positions not addressed YET AGAIN!
Because it wasn't done in isolation. In the last six weeks the following has ALSO happened:

Recent outs.png

I found this, not sure how acurate:-

Players leaving would have freed up c£265k per week whilst taking on c£100k in wages in IMO whilst bringing in no revenue from player sales. Losses look pretty horrendous for the last few years so not sure how you pull that back around, losses of £265m in the last 3 years!

If we could offload Iceland,, Iwobi, Delph and Tosun that would free up £369k per week. Criminal! Obviously that could be £649k per week if James and Gomes leaves!!!! Just my opinion but I`d get rid of Mina saving his £135k per week but I`d certainly keep James and play him in the 10 permanently.

1627817385117.png

Players leaving would have freed up c£265k per week whilst taking on c£100k in wages in IMO whilst bringing in no revenue from player sales. Losses look pretty horrendous for the last few years so not sure how you pull that back around, losses of £265m in the last 3 years!

If we could offload Iceland,, Iwobi, Delph and Tosun that would free up £369k per week. Criminal! Obviously that could be £649k per week if James and Gomes leaves!!!! Just my opinion but I`d get rid of Mina saving his £135k per week but I`d certainly keep James and play him in the 10 permanently.

View attachment 134883
Don’t let DCL see that.
He will feel properly mugged off.

And rightly so.

The window of opportunity we had over the last 4 years of big spending has been wasted unfortunately. We've approached it in the worst, most naive way and clubs hiked up the prices when they saw us coming, as did the players agents. As disappointing as this transfer window has been, we needed to approach things more sustainably. Hopefully we'll be better off in the future because of the different approach but it doesn't give us much hope for this season.
Not wasted but certainly not exploited.

However we did sign Pickford,Godfrey,Digne,Richarlison,Doucoure, Allan . We did get some excellent value just far too much poor value.

View attachment 134883
Not having them wages at all...
No way we signed Delph as a squad player on 100k
Mina won't be on 135...
No way are gomes and hamez on 140...
Godfrey from relegated Norwich on near 70k?
Richy isn't earning 110...

It was widely reported Bernard was our highest earner on 120k a week

View attachment 134883
No sign of King (around £70k p/w) or Walcott (around £100k p/w) on that list.

So we've actually culled £435k per week from the payroll, not the £265k you mentioned. Plus your £265k figure seemed to omit Lossl, who has also gone (another £45k p/w), so that's more like £480k p/w.

Shifting all of that and bringing in three new lads on what, maybe £180k p/w between them? That's good work in financial terms.

I suppose the argument would be, getting these 3 in on cheap fees and wages allows us to move more expensive players out and still have cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.