Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but think Benitez is looking for workers over talent. I think in the past we balanced the team incorrectly so I'd like to see some stability and structure.

It's not a bad thing but ultimately you have to score goals. In our squad, I would honestly say we have only a handful of players who will get more than 5 goals next season:
DCL
Richarlison
Kean
James
"Alleged No 10"

So we need creativity and again, I only see less than a handful getting over 5 assists:
Digne
James

Hopefully Gray and Townsend attribute more goals and assists but given their last few seasons, it's an ask.

Also lack of right wing back if not signed will put us at a disadvantage just like last season, we need to address this ASAP because we can't go into another season with Coleman/Kenny/Holgate/Godfrey playing right back - we need to secure that position.

Last edited:
I mean no one actually knows that. I'm pretty sure if he's costing £25m we could have bid for him in the last 2 years.
It's well publicised that we cannot really offer much currently without a sale first.

I think he was a top target last summer until Carlo wanted Allan and James and we couldn't stretch after Doucouré and Godfrey. The central midfield was more of a priority as well.

Good grief I wish SOMEONE was silly enough to take Delph, Kenny and Tosun off our hands. I would happily accept £5m per player - I *think* we'd actually record profits (for FFP purposes) on each of them at that price.

I wonder if we can get around the restrictions by agreeing some "loans" with "options to buy" for our targets? Something like Dumfries comes to us for the season, we pay 100% of his current wages and "if" he makes five starts we are then obliged to "buy" him next July for £20m....

I think our football was well overrated at the start of last season. Spurs and Palace games could very easily have been draws. We were struggling v West Brom until they had a man sent off, and there were long spells v Brighton were we couldn’t get the ball.

We definitely need pace - not just players who can run fast but players who move the ball quickly.
I think we played some outstanding football at the start of last season tbh but it’s all opinions.
Definitely agree we need to move the ball quickly though as it was that quick interplay with James, Digne, Richarlison that I really enjoyed even though none of them are particularly pacey they’ve got good speed of thought.

It's well publicised that we cannot really offer much currently without a sale first.

I think he was a top target last summer until Carlo wanted Allan and James and we couldn't stretch after Doucouré and Godfrey. The central midfield was more of a priority as well.

You said we've been after him for 2 years but haven't been able to bid for 2 years. How then did we sign Godfrey for the same price last Summer? ?

Good grief I wish SOMEONE was silly enough to take Delph, Kenny and Tosun off our hands. I would happily accept £5m per player - I *think* we'd actually record profits (for FFP purposes) on each of them at that price.

I wonder if we can get around the restrictions by agreeing some "loans" with "options to buy" for our targets? Something like Dumfries comes to us for the season, we pay 100% of his current wages and "if" he makes five starts we are then obliged to "buy" him next July for £20m....

Tosun is out injured so not sure why you're expecting him to go.

Well publicised by people guessing or potentially that’s the message we want out there so we don’t get rinsed for prices.

If we were at breaking limit last season we’ve already seen huge wage earners leave in Bolasie, Walcott, Besic and Bernard so we’ve definitely got some wiggle room. Remains to be seen but I think we end up buying a RB and an attacker without a sale being needed.

Well publicised by people guessing or potentially that’s the message we want out there so we don’t get rinsed for prices.

If we were at breaking limit last season we’ve already seen huge wage earners leave in Bolasie, Walcott, Besic and Bernard so we’ve definitely got some wiggle room. Remains to be seen but I think we end up buying a RB and an attacker without a sale being needed.
If you want to believe that fairytale then fair enough. Our profits and losses are visible to the public and the rules are also.

We won't be bringing anyone in for sufficient money without a sale first. That's the reality.

Cannot see us being in for both Pereira definitely a cheaper option and more versatile money whatever we have will have to be spread over a few positions

Think McNeil is good in that he's only 21 and has room to develop - got to also consider we have arguably the best header of the ball up top in DCL so having someone who can put in decent crosses from outwide is a positive.

We just don't seem capable of getting value for money in the past, I really hope we can change that because so far Brands and his worldwide scouting network have me completely baffled as we don't seem to use it.

Not getting too bothered until September, lost my head over the first 3 signings and no point lol However we are desperate for certain attributes in the side as well as certain positions that must be upgraded. Would be nice to get everything done by start of the season for me but it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.