2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
laudable response, and I would defend your right to your opinions. Doesn't justify referring to those who disagree as a cult. Would we have called the anti-Allardyce fans a cult? I personally don't think so. As Trump will learn one day you don't necessarily enhance your own viewpoint by insulting those whose viewpoint differs from yours.

Difference between not happy with the manager appointment and the scenes we have seen. Leave all the hatred to bone head fanbases like Chelsea Evertonians are better than that.

If he's earning a huge amount over 2 years what is his motivation for a pay cut over 3 or 4 years? Surely he's better off waiting out the two years and seeing what is then available. His agent would have to be crazy to agree to that.

And from Everton's perspective it's just kicking the can down the street and not addressing the issue - IF that is the case.

And regardless whether someone is the top earner there still needs to be prudent financial decisions made on everybody's deal. If cuts need to be made then they're took where the opportunities are. If there is no chance of shifting the highest earner or you want to keep them then cuts are made elsewhere. It's a balance of what deals are available and weighing the players value to the club against the players cost to the club - regardless of where a player is on the wage bill.

Sure, but James is Everton's best player and most commercially valuable (in terms of awareness and merchandising - and yes, they outsource that but the value of that contract is higher when you have big name players over time), while being a mid range cost on the wage bill. This was meant to be a Robinho moment.

Anyone reading the press on this would think he's the highest earner at the club, when in fact, I believe he took a pay cut to come to Everton for precisely the reasons you raise. He just wanted to play.

And it probably the cruelest twist of fate possible that THE GUY who started the media narrative that you are lazy gets hired to be your coach at the club and tells you immediately he doesn't want you in the team.

He wont be sold for financial reasons, he will be sold cos a) he wants to go b) FSW doesnt want him.

But.

Bernard and Hamez 280k a week, Townsend, Gray and Begovic 160k.
Who knows what James is on. Every site has their own opinion and mostly differ, ranging from £80k a week to £140k. But what we do know is that he gave us 6 goals and 9 assists last season from 26 games. I'm going to say now that Gray and Townsend between them will not give us as many over the next 2 seasons.

Who knows what James is on. Every site has their own opinion and mostly differ, ranging from £80k a week to £140k. But what we do know is that he gave us 6 goals and 9 assists last season from 26 games. I'm going to say now that Gray and Townsend between them will not give us as many over the next 2 seasons.
Well of course.

My statement didn't mention footballing ability.

Hamez, when fit is 1 of the best players in world football.

That’s not a massive target over two seasons :coffee:

Absolute shambles if Benitez has told him he's not gonna get a fair shake in the team and not in his plans. Benitez said he studied our squad and knows what we need, but that isn't James?!? Baffling.

It's like he's trying to make us worse (shock horror agent fsw!), and proving himself to be the footballing dinosaur that many on here feared he was.

James is absolute levels above the garbage in the squad. I couldn't give a monkeys if he isn't man marking and running back every time a move breaks down - let doucs, gblammo and Allan do that and James worry about unlocking the opposition's defences with a killer through ball or switch of play - the things that no one else in the squad is capable of.

Be the most Everton thing ever, if we don't get to see him at Goodison - royally fecked off.

Status
Not open for further replies.