2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love James. I 100% want him to stay.

However...

If we are actively trying to move him on, it may point to finances.

I genuinely believe that if we put him in a team that is designed to get the best out of him, he is a difference maker. He could be the wild card that gets us to compete with sides who, on paper at least, we have no right to compete with.

But the catch 22 is if the squad is believed to be so lacking in certain areas, and with FFP regulations basically preventing us from making any real changes, then would you forgo any new additions to keep James, or sacrifice him to give u the freedom to make the moves we need to make?

Maybe if we could cancel the contracts of a couple of 31 year old players we might be able to do both.

I love James. I 100% want him to stay.

However...

If we are actively trying to move him on, it may point to finances.

I genuinely believe that if we put him in a team that is designed to get the best out of him, he is a difference maker. He could be the wild card that gets us to compete with sides who, on paper at least, we have no right to compete with.

But the catch 22 is if the squad is believed to be so lacking in certain areas, and with FFP regulations basically preventing us from making any real changes, then would you forgo any new additions to keep James, or sacrifice him to give u the freedom to make the moves we need to make?

Maybe if we could cancel the contracts of a couple of 31 year old players we might be able to do both.
Of course it does.

But that's everything that's wrong with us.

We have tons of crap earning around what James does. Brought in both before and after Brands was hired. He has failed in that remit, for years, of getting high earners off the books. And it's cost us.

I confess I am regularly confused by your use of the word 'cult' to describe the anti-Benitez people on here, especially as that name is most often used to describe the 'cult' from whence Benitez himself came. It is also only one letter away from a more common unpleasantry which I am sure you would not aim at your fellow Evertonians who might disagree with your assessment of the FSW. It would be nice if we could keep the 'cult' word for those across the park rather then use it derogatorily to refer to those who don't happen to share your opinion.
Please...

People putting up offensive banners against the fella included one threatening near outside his family home, not giving him a chance, calling him fat, pig at every opportunity, hoping we fail so he gets sacked the list goes on.

Thats the definition of cult like behaviour - the season hasn't even kicked off yet!

Im just fed up of having no pride in this team at present, no identity in the side, lazy bottle merchants who go missing soon as the opposition want a scrap.

I've seen enough since Martinez through to Carlo to know we need a change in direction and if sgt major Benitez is that man he has my backing to try rebuild this squad.

Of course it does.

We have tons of crap earning around what James does. Brought in both before and after Brands was hired. He has failed in that remit, for years, of getting high earners off the books. And it's cost us.

The problem is, we might be able to find a buyer for him. Noone is going near Delph or Voldemort with a barge pole.

Of course it does.

But on the flip side how is he supposed to flog them when the previous incumbent put them on off putting wages, not to mention one of them (Tosun) has been crocked twice when the chance to shift him permanently was there

People putting up offensive banners against the fella included one threatening near outside his family home, not giving him a chance, calling him fat, pig at every opportunity, hoping we fail so he gets sacked the list goes on.

Thats the definition of cult like behaviour - the season hasn't even kicked off yet!

Im just fed up of having no pride in this team at present, no identity in the side, lazy bottle merchants who go missing soon as the opposition want a scrap.

I've seen enough since Martinez through to Carlo to know we need a change in direction and if sgt major Benitez is that man he has my backing to try rebuild this squad.
Are you saying they are a load of Cults :D

According to Aguirre (El Chiringuito), Benitez told James he was not in his plans in one of their first face to face meetings upon James' return for pre-season. Aguirre may be a talking head but he is close to James - Everton's silence since that story broke and James' comments on Twitch last night (that he will play where he is wanted) support Aguirre's allegations.

James has had a recurring calf injury since he was 25. But the stigma of him as 'lazy' and 'uncommitted' rather than 'injury prone' that has followed him in the press since was started by Rafael Benitez at Madrid and its exactly what they have feuded over all these years.

Rafael seems to genuinely think James is lazy. James blames Rafael for creating a media narrative that questions his professionalism (which as Sassy notes here often, he takes super seriously - he always shows up wherever he is supposed to be and gets permission if he won't, etc.).

It makes perfect sense that Rafael is pushing James out now. As Garcia Marquez wrote this is a chronicle of an event foretold.

According to Aguirre (El Chiringuito), Benitez told James he was not in his plans in one of their first face to face meetings upon James' return for pre-season. Aguirre may be a talking head but he is close to James - Everton's silence since that story broke and James' comments on Twitch last night (that he will play where he is wanted) support Aguirre's allegations.

James has had a recurring calf injury since he was 25. But the stigma of him as 'lazy' and 'uncommitted' rather than 'injury prone' that has followed him in the press since was started by Rafael Benitez at Madrid and its exactly what they have feuded over all these years.

Rafael seems to genuinely think James is lazy. James blames Rafael for creating a media narrative that questions his professionalism (which as Sassy notes here often, he takes super seriously - he always shows up wherever he is supposed to be and gets permission if he won't, etc.).

It makes perfect sense that Rafael is pushing James out now. As Garcia Marquez wrote this is a chronicle of an event foretold.
Think we all knew benitez would not involve James he is the total opposite to a player benitez wants .
Selling for financial reasons is another matter

Even if we don’t want to, we can all see the logic in this. If a club like Everton are going to pay a guy this kind of salary then we would want to be building the team around him. This is not possible with a player that plays only half of the season, if that.
Don’t we pay the same or similar money to three or four other players we certainly don’t of have never sought to build the team around ?

Of course it does.

just feel so down and detached from the club at the moment, from Benitez, to the absolute crap show of trying to deal with the finances, to delph just being delph.

the club massively need to work hard to move these players on and keep the better quality.

unfortunately, it looks like the will move the better quality and keep the crap.

proper bad times.

Status
Not open for further replies.