2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly mate, I said this on here to somebody last season, they were moaning about James not being a 90 minute player and missing games. I said that they would have hated the Vision. Superb players both of them. James is like Alex, he can be having a quiet game and then all of a sudden produce a moment of magic which wins the game.

Unfortunately, he won’t get a chance under Benitez who will play hoof ball, have a bit of pace on the wings to try to latch onto DCL’s knock downs, oh and by the way we will be defending deep, missing out midfield and going route one, with the trusty hoof towards DCL.
He has won the Champions league, the UEFA cup twice, la liga twice, the European Super Cup, FIFA Club World Cup, FACup, Italian Cup, and Italian Super Cup twice.

You speak about him like he is Sam Allardyce.

I'll be gutted if we can't make it work with him, you need a bit of quality and it's Benitez job to get the players around him that allow him to flourish, getting rid of your best player stinks.
Coutinho is still a good player. Liverpool went from a top 4 team to a title winning one - we've just finished 10th and 12th.
K
Keep Iwobi and actively get rid of James, It's modern Everton summed up.
Yes agree with you,would love to see James at Goodison this season the most skillful player I've seen for us since bally. The scapegoat if he moves is obviously going to be Benitez.Dont believe he's that daft.Its his agent and James himself.If he wants to stay he can run his contract down and play next season for us,he does not have to move anywhere.

I

Except James himself said it's difficult and he doesn't know if he'll be staying.

Of course. His agent will be looking for other clubs with a bit more glamour and sunnier climes. Doesn't mean it will happen unless someone wants to pay a fee and his £150k a week which narrows the suitors massively. He knows it.

I think him and the club are in the same boat as in we won't stop him from leaving due to freeing up wages...and he wouldn't mind somewhere that's not Crosby beach in an easier league.

On the flip side I wouldn't be surprised he stays which I think he's perfectly fine with also.

The only player for Everton who is irreplaceable for me is Richarlison.

Everyone else can be replaced imo if the recruitment is done right.

Im confident with Benitez if James goes we'll bring in 2-3 good players for the starting 11.

Be nice if it was the likes of Iwobi instead but no one will take that loser off our hands lol
It seems to me you have the hots for the Brazilians. Im gonna have to tell Paola ;)

Richarlison needs to learn to do better with us. With Brazil he is such a disciplined player, passing the ball when it should be passed instead of the holding to the ball forever so he can be the only one to score. With Brazil he is also much tougher and doesn’t act up so much when getting touched, like he does playing for Everton, throwing himself on the ground trying to get faults instead of just playing the game. Nonetheless, I like Richarlison and for this season I would keep him but I would also keep James.

I actually feel sorry for James. At times last season he looked totally frustrated due to the lack of ability of the players around him. It is like a thoroughbred racing a donkey on Blackpool beach. Love him to stay but it almost seems cruel to make him play with such mediocrity

It seems to me you have the hots for the Brazilians. Im gonna have to tell Paola ;)

Richarlison needs to learn to do better with us. With Brazil he is such a disciplined player, passing the ball when it should be passed instead of the holding to the ball forever so he can be the only one to score. With Brazil he is also much tougher and doesn’t act up so much when getting touched, like he does playing for Everton, throwing himself on the ground trying to get faults instead of just playing the game. Nonetheless, I like Richarlison and for this season I would keep him but I would also keep James.

I hope sweet Paola is coming on your European Road trip I'll be your official Merseyside tour guide free of charge lol

Carlo binned us ( not that it bothered me )

Getting Rafael in

Scruff signings

Selling Rodriquez because Rafael doesn't want him.

What a truly shocking start to the season that would be.
“Scruff signings”. ? Gray has surprised me, but other than that….

Of course. His agent will be looking for other clubs with a bit more glamour and sunnier climes. Doesn't mean it will happen unless someone wants to pay a fee and his £150k a week which narrows the suitors massively. He knows it.

I think him and the club are in the same boat as in we won't stop him from leaving due to freeing up wages...and he wouldn't mind somewhere that's not Crosby beach in an easier league.

On the flip side I wouldn't be surprised he stays which I think he's perfectly fine with also.

Find it amazing the fella wouldn't even stick around with his team mates for the final 2 games of the season or to see the Goodison crowd for the 1st time after 12 months of hell yet Benitez is the bad guy for trying to create a squad where this is no "I" in team.

Find it amazing the fella wouldn't even stick around with his team mates for the final 2 games of the season or to see the Goodison crowd for the 1st time after 12 months of hell yet Benitez is the bad guy for trying to create a squad where this is no "I" in team.
There will definitely be an I in benitez's team starts with s and ends in t

To not play James when fit would be embarrassing but quite typical of the death football of the FSW. Just accept you will get 20 games a year with the influence of James who is light years ahead of anyone else at the club. A no brainer.

Do all you can Sassy to make it to Goodison, you have embraced the club and GOT and it will feel like coming home.
I agree but based on how things seems to work at the Club it will be very Evertonian type of thing so let’s hope the people upstairs have some brains lol

Making it to Europe for a road trip
And visiting Goodison is one of my main goals next year. I would also be so fun to finally meet some of you all too.

Status
Not open for further replies.