Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you will find that its only really Iwobi I go hard on.

I also dont believe we will have a bad season, even with the fat kopite in charge, im a dreamer, nothing can stop me dreaming of better times for Everton.

I go into every season full of hopes and dreams.

But Iwobi is just the worst.
It's a general comment. The match threads for the friendlies were just abysmal.

I can't see us being really good and it isn't even about FSW. We just aren't super talented and don't have anything else going for us that would lead me to think we're going to be anything more than 8-12th. Which is honestly fine if we're enjoyable to watch and have some fun moments. Hopefully we do.

They finished 3rd the following season in a 2 horse race which they were favourites to win and went out the domestic cups in the 5th round.

I listened to an interview last season with Terry who admitted he was wrong about him.

Ok it took him a season longer finishing third four points behind the winners City, closing the chasm of 14 points behind the leaders of Benitez's third place finish the previous year.

Following getting much closer they completed the job the next year by winning it

It's a general comment. The match threads for the friendlies were just abysmal.

I can't see us being really good and it isn't even about FSW. We just aren't super talented and don't have anything else going for us that would lead me to think we're going to be anything more than 8-12th. Which is honestly fine if we're enjoyable to watch and have some fun moments. Hopefully we do.
You cant have a pop at people and then say we gonna finish 8th-10th, I mean surely your just doing the same thing as them?

Are you suggesting that they are correct in their assessment of the players?

We have some very good players, our first 11, if EVERYBODY performed can easily beat every team in the league.

Sure we have massive gaps in the first 11 and the squad, but even the mess in the dugout cant dampen my hopes.

Chelsea won the champions league the previous year with the players under John Terry practically running the team ,- Di Matteo manager in name only. They had a decent team based around the likes of captain John Terry, Ashley Cole Lampard etc.

Under Benitez they weren't at all competitive in the league which is what they were judged on most of all, domestic and second tier European trophies aren't the currency Abramovich dealt in at the time, real trophies mattered. Benitez had won cups that hardly registered but lost out in what mattered to them.

He axed his skipper Terry and broke their teams challenge, third is third but it can tell two different tales, one a very competitive team just missing out and the other, one who never got anywhere near. Mourinho came back restored the spine of the team with Terry back to marshall the defence and predictably they strolled it the following season.
So that winning Champions team for some reason got rid of the manager which is enough reason to see they were not performing as they should have been. What position were Chelsea in when Benitez took over? Can we have the full facts of games Played , won and lost. The team were obviously not playing great before Benitez took over but still managed a Europa Cup, 2 semi-finals and a 3rd place. That sounds OK to me

You cant have a pop at people and then say we gonna finish 8th-10th, I mean surely your just doing the same thing as them?

Are you suggesting that they are correct in their assessment of the players?

We have some very good players, our first 11, if EVERYBODY performed can easily beat every team in the league.

Sure we have massive gaps in the first 11 and the squad, but even the mess in the dugout cant dampen my hopes.
I said I don't have a problem with criticism. I have a problem with mindless criticism that is essentially just demeaning and insulting. Saying Iwobi isn't very good because his touch can be wayward and it makes him inconsistent is different than saying Iwobi is a shocking waste of space over and over.

Our players aren't very good in some cases but maybe just ease up with it occasionally.

So that winning Champions team for some reason got rid of the manager which is enough reason to see they were not performing as they should have been. What position were Chelsea in when Benitez took over? Can we have the full facts of games Played , won and lost. The team were obviously not playing great before Benitez took over but still managed a Europa Cup, 2 semi-finals and a 3rd place. That sounds OK to me

They were virtually eliminated from the champions league which is why di Matteo was axed, he was never really given much credit for winning it tbh and was more like a figurehead with the players running the team. I'll give you the league facts shortly

I said I don't have a problem with criticism. I have a problem with mindless criticism that is essentially just demeaning and insulting. Saying Iwobi isn't very good because his touch can be wayward and it makes him inconsistent is different than saying Iwobi is a shocking waste of space over and over.

Our players aren't very good in some cases but maybe just ease up with it occasionally.
Are you new to the internet and how it works?

Status
Not open for further replies.