Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't hate him, I just didnt want the ex-rs as our manager, but I can see why Moshiri appointed him.
Each game his team win is a reprieve.
Each game his team loses is another nail in his coffin...especially If, as was seen oft times with Ancelotti, that it was more or less down to his mistakes in selection, subs, etc.
Moshiri got him the job
Perceived...in the eye of the Chairman...and with fans hopefully back to make the point - poor results will lose it for him and nothing will change that.
It's been the same since before Carey took his taxi.
Welcome to Purgatory FC

Some of us have pride and dignity, weird hey.
pride was the end of better men.. dignity, yes i could buy it. i dont like Rafael for other reasons.... he is setting up a very very dull and common team, with the soooo called pace and the lack of creativity (if the rumors about him kicking james are true) . guess what , those teams wont get even close to european places. benitez everton is aiming to keep that 10th place.. hell any position not qualifying to europa is a failure, and this everton offers very litle compared to the likes of leeds, villa, wolves, newcastel... etc etc

pride was the end of better men.. dignity, yes i could buy it. i dont like Rafael for other reasons.... he is setting up a very very dull and common team, with the soooo called pace and the lack of creativity (if the rumors about him kicking james are true) . guess what , those teams wont get even close to european places. benitez everton is aiming to keep that 10th place.. hell any position not qualifying to europa is a failure, and this everton offers very litle compared to the likes of leeds, villa, wolves, newcastel... etc etc
We will finish above all those no marks.

We will finish above all those no marks.
thats the problem.. everton needs to fight for a top 6 spot, NOT end the season better than those ! , if we asume (and it is statistically logical to do so) 1-6 will be (in no particular order) : city, united, chelsea,liverpool,totenham, leicester , you could even put arsenal there if they dont super suck , wich meaans everton needs to fight with any of those.

all those teams have quality all over the place (you could argue about leicester) while the rest of the EPL is triying this pace football and being happy with 8-10th places... benitez will make you HARD to beat , but what you need is to be a WINNING team in order to get within those top places . i can see another season of "punt it to DCL and pray" , with some of "cross it to DCL and keep praying".

Precisely

I didn't want him as our manager, I still don't want him, I don't like having him, but I still want to win football matches and see a good team on the pitch.
Indeed, some people think that our hatred of Fat Bellend will dampen our demands to see Everton succeed, it wont, I want Everton to do well and him to fail, of course the first overwrites the second, but there are millions of ways he can leave the club, not just bad results.

Id like to have a time machine so I can go back a year and make a post on this forum saying that this time next year Carlo and James will have gone and we will have FSW as our new manager with Andros Townsend being our first summer signing.
You would have had men in white coats knocking on your door ??

Status
Not open for further replies.