2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy to have in the squad. If he is anywhere near the starting line up on a regular basis we are bottom to mid table in May. Not on him alone of course but if that is the general standard.

Not having a go at you here when I say this. considering the latter part of what you said, why are you happy to have him in the squad? Get a few injuries or some suspensions what good is that if he’s the standard you’re talking about?

Not having a go at you here when I say this. considering the latter part of what you said, why are you happy to have him in the squad? Get a few injuries or some suspensions what good is that if he’s the standard you’re talking about?
Every squad need players who one would call back up. players capable of playing in the premiership but not a starter. We arent in the position of a champions league club where quality players are happy to sit on the bench. Any top quality player we are lucky to have will start. So a club like Everton will need players like davis. A player who is not top quality but can do a basic job now and again if needed. My point was if he is a regular starter we wont be anywhere near good enough to challenge for top 6

Thankfully I see Allan Doucoure Gbamin Gomes ahead of him in the pecking order--- surely we shouldn't keep him on the books when he hasn't shown any improvement in about 3 years and we could get a decent-ish fee for him? Somehow other people think he isn't as bad as we know he is! I'd love nothing more than to see him and Delph gone and a young and actual talented centre midfielder brought in.

Every squad need players who one would call back up. players capable of playing in the premiership but not a starter. We arent in the position of a champions league club where quality players are happy to sit on the bench. Any top quality player we are lucky to have will start. So a club like Everton will need players like davis. A player who is not top quality but can do a basic job now and again if needed. My point was if he is a regular starter we wont be anywhere near good enough to challenge for top 6

I see what you’re saying. My problem is that we will need to break that cycle otherwise we just continue to stagnate with limited squad depth . It’s disappointing we have such a thin roll out of players from the U23s to the first team who could offer something more and be hungry to prove themselves, it’s not happening tho. Why I don’t know, talent, coaching, whatever the reasons that needs to change.

I’ve not nothing against Davies personally, in fact it’s in all our interest for the lad to do well, he’s not a player I rate at all tho to be honest with you and I find all the fuss about him to be a little odd outside of the usual wind up merchants.

Status
Not open for further replies.