Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
No really as STCC is about wages.

We can spend what we want but our wage bill can't increase by more than a certain %. Think it's 7%.

We need big earners off the books.

Bolasie
Besic
Baningime
Bernard
Walcott
King
Pennington
Connolly
Adeniran
Bowler
Ouzounidis
Caroll
Olsen

thats pretty significant wage savings considering the only players we have brought in are squad players like Begovic, Gray and Townsend - who will all probably be on around less than 50k per week

Bolasie
Besic
Baningime
Bernard
Walcott
King
Pennington
Connolly
Adeniran
Bowler
Ouzounidis
Caroll
Olsen

thats pretty significant wage savings considering the only players we have brought in are squad players like Begovic, Gray and Townsend - who will all probably be on around less than 50k per week

…if we’re signing Townsend on a Bosman, I expect his salary to be high.

No really as STCC is about wages.

We can spend what we want but our wage bill can't increase by more than a certain %. Think it's 7%.

We need big earners off the books.
There is also a limit of £105m of loses over a three year period and we have exceed it. It is about transfers and wages contributing to operating losses.

We are impacted by receiving hardly any transfer fees in recent years whilst paying big salaries to players who leave on free transfers.

…if we’re signing Townsend on a Bosman, I expect his salary to be high.

You may be right mate, and in normal times I would agree. But he has been a pundit on TS this summer, and he didnt seem to be inundated with offers from PL clubs. "A few clubs abroad"was the repeated mantra, followed by "But the prem would be best for me".

It will come out in the wash as per anyrate.

I think that a difficulty with FFP means the manager will be given more time and will be here longer.

Do you not think that all of this was known and discussed while his appointment was being negotiated ?
You'd like to think so but we all remember " we go with with what we have " and " Arteta money " and these we with a chairman that didn't have a jar to urinate in .

mentioned the other day but seems all but officially confirmed now, so another 1 gone, just another 8 or 9 to go!

Was playing FM, signed him on loan for Portsmouth in League 1 along with, somehow, Kean. Won the league in style, got to Championship, he actually won POTY for Portsmouth. Went to loan him again in the Championship, he said basically "Im too good for your team".

Arse...

Status
Not open for further replies.