2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it matters when your comparing the performance of two players.

My point is you'd EXPECT more from iwobi given the circumstances
And we got more. I don't see the problem.

I also don't think personnel decisions should be made based on transfer fees though. That's how you compound errors.

And we got more. I don't see the problem.

I also don't think personnel decisions should be made based on transfer fees though. That's how you compound errors.

I disagree, think they both had half decent games.

Gray was the real danger out of all the attackers that played.

Personal decisions but fact is players will always be judged on transfers fees and rightly so, he's been here two years and he's never once cemented himself a place as a first team regular because he's never been good enough. He's not a very good player

I disagree, think they both had half decent games.

Gray was the real danger out of all the attackers that played.

Personal decisions but fact is players will always be judged on transfers fees and rightly so, he's been here two years and he's never once cemented himself a place as a first team regular because he's never been good enough. He's not a very good player
Again we're talking about different things

Again we're talking about different things

Are we? What is your point then?

I'll make mine very simple, he's a very bad footballer and regardless of how you feel he played in a friendly against a very poor team Vs a youngster, he'll never be good enough to play for us on a regular basis

Its not small minded to expect us to replace poor players with better ones.

Anyone still blaming the supporters
obviously didn't watch any home games last season. There was no one in the ground and some of the performances were truly appalling.

Iwobi has had 2 seasons of poor to average performances. Hes a big money signing in attack and has contributed 2 league goals. Sometimes you have to move on from a player and bring in someone else because this is top level football, and we shouldn't have to accept repeated poor performances.
No one is saying improving the squad is small minded and no one blames the fans for poor performances.

Next.

No one is saying improving the squad is small minded and no one blames the fans for poor performances.

Next.

The post i responded to used the word toxic. Its not really accurate in my view so I responded.

The supporters are tired watching bad performances. If anything, people are becoming bored and apathetic. Even a little bit of good football and a few good results would be very welcome nevermind competing for trophies.

I just find it very hard to get excited about watching us play when I know we haven't got the quality we need in the squad.

The post i responded to used the word toxic. Its not really accurate in my view so I responded.

The supporters are tired watching bad performances. If anything, people are becoming bored and apathetic. Even a little bit of good football and a few good results would be very welcome nevermind competing for trophies.

I just find it very hard to get excited about watching us play when I know we haven't got the quality we need in the squad.
That doesn't mean every time Iwobi starts we have to flood the match thread saying he's terrible over and over regardless of his level of play on the day.

That doesn't mean every time Iwobi starts we have to flood the match thread saying he's terrible over and over regardless of his level of play on the day.
Agreed. And how many times do people have to state their opinion on a player? We get it, you don't rate him...

Agreed. And how many times do people have to state their opinion on a player? We get it, you don't rate him...
I get it that one good game doesn't make up for years of him being bad but is it so hard when he does alright to just leave it for a day or two? Like it or not he's got a role to play here and while we could have done with not wasting the money and just developing someone we didn't do that. Seems like some people are so far past rational thought with him.

You understand they don’t log onto GOT, right?
They get the abuse directly on their own social media. If it is left unchecked, fan sites become an echo chamber. We can all have an opinion on players performance, how we express that is down to each of us. But don’t pretend that players are immune when a poisonous frenzy is whipped up. To me it is the very antithesis of support.

My guess is when he bought him he thought that whichever manager we happened to have wouldn't play him on the right to accommodate Sigurdsson on the left. I'm not saying Iwobi has been anywhere near good enough but the management has been frankly shambolic and it isn't helping him more than most.

That said El Rey Rafael won't be the guy to change that last little bit so what does it matter
If you’re suggesting Benitez management style is “shambolic” I’m not sure you re been no objective ... like him or hate him the guys reputation is for meticulous preparation

If you’re suggesting Benitez management style is “shambolic” I’m not sure you re been no objective ... like him or hate him the guys reputation is for meticulous preparation
I'm not. I think it's past it's best and not likely to be a well organized passing and attacking system.

Status
Not open for further replies.