2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this season is very much last chance saloon for Iwobi. Benitez has generally played with number 10's who are almost advanced central midfield players, who have power but also some defensively discipline. It could be Iwobi, but it could also be Doucoure. This feels his chance to show some consistency. His best, and some may say only good game for Everton was also one of the few he played in that 10 role against West Ham game. It's a long shot, but I'm not sure he can do much more than play in that 10 role.

Unfortunately with 3 years on his deal, and a multitude of other problems, he will not be the 1st problem to resolve this summer either.
Doucoure as a #10. That's how Watford went down!

The Everton fans are becoming completely toxic. More and more effort is going into hatred and anger. Youngsters are eviscerated, our best players deemed unworthy, our manager targeted. The players do what they do in spite of us. We are losing the art of support.

Its small mindedness and I dislike it.

We’re not toxic we just don’t want to keep putting up with poor performances throughout the club.

Iwobi was miles better than Gordon on Sunday sorry to say. I want Gordon to get chances but we've once again stacked the deck in front of him.

Gordon isnt a 30m odd signing from a premier team, who has has good 3/4 years experience at the top level.

Iwobi is absolutely atrocious at football, his only good moments ever are when he's got the ball and runs at people which he is actually alrite at, problem is then when he beats his man his final ball is again atrocious.

He's up there with the the very worst of the singings we've made in recent history

Gordon isnt a 30m odd signing from a premier team, who has has good 3/4 years experience at the top level.

Iwobi is absolutely atrocious at football, his only good moments ever are when he's got the ball and runs at people which he is actually alrite at, problem is then when he beats his man his final ball is again atrocious.

He's up there with the the very worst of the singings we've made in recent history
This doesn't matter in the context of my post

The Everton fans are becoming completely toxic. More and more effort is going into hatred and anger. Youngsters are eviscerated, our best players deemed unworthy, our manager targeted. The players do what they do in spite of us. We are losing the art of support.

Its small mindedness and I dislike it.

Its not small minded to expect us to replace poor players with better ones.

Anyone still blaming the supporters obviously didn't watch any home games last season. There was no one in the ground and some of the performances were truly appalling.

Iwobi has had 2 seasons of poor to average performances. Hes a big money signing in attack and has contributed 2 league goals. Sometimes you have to move on from a player and bring in someone else because this is top level football, and we shouldn't have to accept repeated poor performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.