Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable revisionism going on there.

16/17 season - 1 goal in 11 games
17/18 season - 4 goals in 32 games
18/19 season - 6 goals in 35 games

11 goals in 78 appearances and an all round game which was poor hence the "bambi on ice" jibes.

He's improved a lot but lets not pretend he was starting games because he was doing well he was starting games because the alternatives were even worse such as Niasse, Toshun & Sandro.
His all round game was not poor, you just didn’t understand what he was asked to do.
19 year old playing the lone front man against two premier league centre backs, week in week out. He held the ball up, was a monster in the air and gave an out ball every game
Every manager put him first on the team sheet for a reason, many fans just didn’t understand

Three years ago I didn’t even think Calvert was a footballer never mind a premier league level one. He completely proved me wrong, he’s averaged 20 goals a season over the last couple years which is good for anyone but to do it with iwobi, sig, and richarlison who more often than not will go for goal himself is some going, makes you wonder if we actually had players that got loads of assists and can create chances how many he’d get.

His all round game was not poor, you just didn’t understand what he was asked to do.
19 year old playing the lone front man against two premier league centre backs, week in week out. He held the ball up, was a monster in the air and gave an out ball every game
Every manager put him first on the team sheet for a reason, many fans just didn’t understand

i couldn’t understand how the kid couldn’t hit a barn door from a yard out but kept getting game time…

I think some fans would be happy to sell dcl and replace him with rondon which I find bizzare

Again I dont remember that at all. I remember a lad running the channels, being average in the air and getting bullied off the ball and not being able to use his body in shielding the ball etc.

It was only really when Ancelotti came in that he started to improve - prior to that he was bang average.

Status
Not open for further replies.