2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect example of what I'm talking about here. Even when he plays well (second half) he gets this sort of appraisal.

Laughable.
Some just love to have a whipping boy.

Pickford was getting all sorts of barbs thrown at him during the Euros by bad pundits, even though he has never let England down and had been playing well for Everton for quite a while beforehand.

Im afraid Iwobi will only receive criticism.

Pickford was getting all sorts of barbs thrown at him during the Euros by bad pundits, even though he has never let England down and had been playing well for Everton for quite a while beforehand.

Whatever he does his fee will always be a millstone.

Apparently I am one of the very few that felt he could be a decent signing, I had seen play at Goodison for Arsenal some time before as a second half sub and I thought there was potential there.

So far I have been wrong.

Even last weekend in the Forida Cup there were a couple of times when I felt he pulled out of challenges.
I don't quite know what he is now, he plays on the wing like a no.10 and plays the no. 10 role like a winger and certainly not a good one.

Why just not simplify his game, tell him he is winger and his job is to take on the full back and get crosses over. He may not be able to do that but at least you would know what he was trying to do.

I thought Anthony Gordon really tried hard at the weekend and if he impressed the manager as another option on the left that will further isolate Iwobi.

I have no doubt we will make a couple of signings in the window and equally no doubt the manager will work with a certain number of players rather than a bloated group of players each getting in each others way.

If I were Iwobi and his agent now I really would be looking for another club.

He deserves criticism. Very limited player who brings nothing to any game he’s involved in.

Apparently I am one of the very few that felt he could be a decent signing, I had seen play at Goodison for Arsenal some time before as a second half sub and I thought there was potential there.

Even last weekend in the Forida Cup there were a couple of times when I felt he pulled out of challenges.
I don't quite know what he is now, he plays on the wing like a no.10 and plays the no. 10 role like a winger and certainly not a good one.

Why just not simplify his game, tell him he is winger and his job is to take on the full back and get crosses over. He may not be able to do that but at least you would know what he was trying to do.

I thought Anthony Gordon really tried hard at the weekend and if he impressed the manager as another option on the left that will further isolate Iwobi.

I have no doubt we will make a couple of signings in the window and equally no doubt the manager will work with a certain number of players rather than a bloated group of players each getting in each others way.

I think this season is very much last chance saloon for Iwobi. Benitez has generally played with number 10's who are almost advanced central midfield players, who have power but also some defensively discipline. It could be Iwobi, but it could also be Doucoure. This feels his chance to show some consistency. His best, and some may say only good game for Everton was also one of the few he played in that 10 role against West Ham game. It's a long shot, but I'm not sure he can do much more than play in that 10 role.

Unfortunately with 3 years on his deal, and a multitude of other problems, he will not be the 1st problem to resolve this summer either.

Well, this is just wishful thinking on your part and you know it is lol

I thought Alex Iwobi played well in our glorious cup win. His ball control and passing looked a lot better than what I'm used to seeing from him, and his fitness levels seemed good. To be fair, no one really stood out (except maybe Begovic) in the first half against the Millonarios, so I'll not hold that against the lad.

He is the definition of a player that has random attributes that don’t translate into a competent footballer. He is a good dribbler but he isn’t quick enough for a winger. He is built like a tank yet doesn’t really use his body. He settles the ball well in the box but frequently bottles the end product. He is capable of playing a decent ball but his decision making is godawful. He is built for headers but never puts himself in position to finish a cross regardless of where he plays (hell Mirallas did a much better job at getting into those positions and he was a winger too).

Well said that man.

I'm glad there are others who aim higher than empty-headed criticism.

do one with your empty headed criticism crap.
Plays with zero passion. And has offered virtualy nothing here in two years. Absolute fraud nicking a living from this club. He's exactly the opposite type of player you want around a club. he couldnt give a toss if the team win or lose.
Good argument for possibly the worst signing in this clubs history.
Pathetic defence of him trying to suggest its not warranted.
An expensive over payed going through the motions fraud. Just like he was at Arsenal.

do one with your empty headed criticism crap.
Plays with zero passion. And has offered virtualy nothing here in two years. Absolute fraud nicking a living from this club. He's exactly the opposite type of player you want around a club. he couldnt give a toss if the team win or lose.
Good argument for possibly the worst signing in this clubs history.
Pathetic defence of him trying to suggest its not warranted.
An expensive over payed going through the motions faud. Just like he was at Arsenal.
And we have a full house in the head's fell off bingo:

Do one
Passion
Fraud
Worst signing
Pathetic
And fraud again.

Why just not simplify his game, tell him he is winger and his job is to take on the full back and get crosses over.
He may not be able to do that but at least you would know what he was trying to do.

Because he's really bad at playing like this? I mean this is essentially what Carlo tried to have him do.

Iwobi was miles better than Gordon on Sunday sorry to say. I want Gordon to get chances but we've once again stacked the deck in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.