Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stabbed us in the back? He actually gave us a favour. He should have been sacked, but we just couldn't afford that.
His departure gave us a golden opportunity to sign a young progressive manager, but Moshiri decided we need another washed up dinosaur, just worse and cheaper.

Can you imagine a young inexperienced manager with this squad mate - would have been a disaster.

Benitez is the right man for this current group of players. He'll lay the foundations and move on once we move to BMD.

Can you imagine a young inexperienced manager with this squad mate - would have been a disaster.

Benitez is the right man for this current group of players. He'll lay the foundations and move on once we move to BMD.

It wasn't a straight shootout between a young inexperienced manager and Benitez mate.

He was the lazy option, the option which wouldn't complain with the lack of investment into the playing squad whilst we fund a new stadium and navigate an obstacle course of FFP barriers.

With the rate we've been going through managers, you start to realise that you like things about the new guy that the old guy didn't have. Almost irrespective of what it is.

I really liked Carlo's laid back, friendly demeanour after Silva's quiet and reserved manner.

But I've been impressed with Benitez's intensity in contrast to Carlo. His hunger comes through in his interviews - he wants to succeed with us, and you can't really argue with that.

Then there’s Koeman.

A man with absolutely no redeeming features at all.

Horrific?? lol lol lol

We got 59 points last year and had an awesome away record. Granted our Home form was pretty poor but that is just consistency that needed worked on.
It’s all in the wording isn’t it really?
“Pretty poor”, when in fact it was absolutely horrific.
And the football was about as appealing as having hot irons rammed into your eye sockets.
But if you enjoyed yourself then good for you.

It’s all in the wording isn’t it really?
“Pretty poor”, when in fact it was absolutely horrific.
And the football was about as appealing as having hot irons rammed into your eye sockets.
But if you enjoyed yourself then good for you.
Personally I could see an improvement, especially at hte back, from the previous season.
We never seemed to recover from Allan, Doucoure and Hammy Rodz all being out injured.
I do agree that Carlos was perhaps a little enthusiastic after his house was burgled and his safe was nicked.

It wasn't a straight shootout between a young inexperienced manager and Benitez mate.

He was the lazy option, the option which wouldn't complain with the lack of investment into the playing squad whilst we fund a new stadium and navigate an obstacle course of FFP barriers.

Surely thats a smart option though similiar to Moyes during the days we were skint?

If funds are tight I just dont see how bringing in a manager who would have needed 5-6 signings to play their brand of football would have been smart business.

I think Benitez will have been promised money but more than likely next summer with this summer more about balancing the books unless we can offload Kean.

Fully agree mate, which is why he knew he wouldn't be able to succeed here unless we went out and bought him a top 4 squad which was never in a million years going to happen.

Again, I really don't blame him swapping Everton for Madrid, but it's deffo his fault for leaving and not ours.
In fairness to the club, Carlo was supported in getting a new midfield, even though Allan and James both fall outside the club's target age profile. Since Moshiri came in, I think all managers have been supported (indulged even) with signings. Hence the bloated, mish-mash of a squad.

He did seem to lose interest, and was clearly out of answers (CBA?) in changing the home form. Also, what has since emerged is that he got his agent to contact Madrid, his son, Davide, put a house purchase on hold and his wife (Davide's not Carlo's) was talking about Madrid on social media long before the media got wind of the impending move. Then Carlo couldn't get away from Blundellsands fast enough! Snake-like behaviour, engineering his exit after all his hollow words about hearing his song at Bramley-Moore and contrasting Everton, the 'family' club, with 'corporate' clubs and being so outspoken about the ESL.

I'm beginning to think that he lost interest in Everton, and the 'laid-back' approach betrayed a disregard for the club just like Koeman and BFS, who seemed to think more of their own image and of spending time at the golf course or the Spanish villa, respectively. Like Moyes, Martinez and Silva were workaholics for all their flaws, and you could never doubt their desire to make a go of things. I think the same will prove the case with Benitez, but certainly I enjoyed Real Madrid's loss to Rangers and will be wishing Carlo nothing but further disappointment and another divorce with that f*ckwit, Perez.

Status
Not open for further replies.