Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is why I said "most" in my post. I could name at least a dozen other players bought or given contract extensions under other regimes who we struggled to get fees for.

I fully understand your frustration Tim and agree with most of your points. I just think it's wrong to single out Brands for not getting decent fees for those players he never brought in himself, which is the majority.
But what is the plan, the focus on youth/developing players? That is why Brands concerns me. Even if Iwobi etc. are the desire of managers at the time (and either way that’s a reflection on Brands), I can’t think of a period where we’ve had so little talent developed from within the club. You might say Kean is an example, and it’s not working out. I’d accept that. But where’s the success stories?

All seems to have gone very quiet since last week. Is this the calm before the final week storm now?
i doubt much will happen while we are over in Florida, that means anything coming out in the press.
i assume next week we should find out something about Dumfries one way or the other.
Ideal time to get a RB in, with probably DCL, Pickford and Mina also returning to training.

All seems to have gone very quiet since last week. Is this the calm before the final week storm now?

We won't do any business other than a right-back (hopefully) before the season starts now I reckon.

We don't have the cash, unless we spend in advance of selling players later in the window.

Those deals in recent years for Iwobi, Delph etc doing even more damage.

We won't do any business other than a right-back (hopefully) before the season starts now I reckon.

We don't have the cash, unless we spend in advance of selling players later in the window.

Those deals in recent years for Iwobi, Delph etc doing even more damage.

It would seem that Benitez has been impressed with this deadwood and is keeping it, add to the Icelander, oh boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.