Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester are the only team in the league to have smashed the code. They embraced one big sale a season and that has allowed them to re-invest and improve the team regularly. Granted Leicester have players that other teams seem willing to pay over the odds for it's a strategy that works.
We are now suffering for 5 years of terrible decisions, largely from Walsh and Koeman but also the board and Moshiri. Bad manager appointments, poor direction.... it all adds up. And be absolutely sure, if the Premierleague were to make an example of one team for breaking the rules it would be us. We're not one of their beloved six and we're not some yoyo club jumping between the division. We're big enough and historic enough for it to an impact whilst small enough for it to not affect the Prem's brand.
Exactly this.

Mino Riola is trying to sell Stefan De Vrij, for £50m and we have been linked today. clearly Riola isn't aware that we have no money. I feel like we have been linked with him several times over the last 10 years. All joking aside, I think we do have some money, but I dont see us spending that much on a 29 year old CB.

Mino Riola is trying to sell Stefan De Vrij, for £50m and we have been linked today. clearly Riola isn't aware that we have no money. I feel like we have been linked with him several times over the last 10 years. All joking aside, I think we do have some money, but I dont see us spending that much on a 29 year old CB.

If he knows we can't afford £20 mill for Dumfries why on earth is he trying to flog a £50 mill CB to us

If he knows we can't afford £20 mill for Dumfries why on earth is he trying to flog a £50 mill CB to us
Don't worry , we have the right side sorted . We have a player who was bombed out by a perennial relegation club and Kenny will be like a new signing after some superb loan periods .

Linked with Phil Jones.
Are they trying to test everybody’s patience to the maximum this summer?
Unfortunately or maybe not as we finished 10th we’re still seen as an also ran, by the majority of the media. So when this type player comes available our name is always in the hat, with the usual suspects. Palace, Burnley, West Ham, Southampton etc.

Until we get in the top 6/4 maybe win something, that won’t change. But there’s no way in a million years we get Phil Jones

Don't worry , we have the right side sorted . We have a player who was bombed out by a perennial relegation club and Kenny will be like a new signing after some superb loan periods .
If you mean Godfrey, Norwich aren't perennial relegation club. Biennial relegation/biennial promotion club.

Yes I think we were linked when he left Lazio on a free in 2018.

I’m not sure we will buy a CB. Though there will be a question mark over Mina with having only 2yrs left. Maybe if they got a decent fee for Mina 25mil? And get a CB on loan. And use that money for a RB and RW. I would sell Keane & Holgate before him, it’s just the contract situation, that make me think he could be sacrificed

"I am out the office until January 1st, my work here is done"

1627385828525.png

Status
Not open for further replies.