Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is time to sack a lot of people on the non-playing side

@AndyC

I thought that was Brands'; job, to oversee / revamp / improve the technical and management staff. It all seems a bit Ted Lasso behind the scenes, but with zero inspiration and heart.

Financially our club is an absolute shambles that’s for sure.

Mina, delph, tosun, sig and Gomes get paid the same amount as Dortmund pay Haaland, thorgen hazard, Bellingham, Thomas Delaney and Julian Brandt
And Mosh is supposed to be this successful accountant?

I agree mostly but also this assumes we get rid of Kean, Gomes, Siggy, Delph, Kenny - that would be amazing to get rid of even 1-2. I used to think that Kenny is done and we definitely need a new RB, but I can't help thinking the midfield and RW/CAM/CM are more important, for now, because we need some pace and forward-motion which we are just not getting. Even if Coleman/Kenny can't beat players and cross like Digne, if they can keep shape and not give the ball away at least, it's in the middle we need a lot more pace and quality.

Generally fed up with buying Cast-offs and Man U, Arsenal failures, but Van De Beek might be interesting, would anyone go for Aaron Ramsey (if he'd accept £100k!) - basically from those 5 gaps you're identifying, I think we need 1 young prospect, 1 big money exciting player , 1 cast-off and 2 squad players.

Fed up of buying cast-offs yet you want to sign a carbon copy of Davy Klaassen from United hmm.

But won't the staff be on peanuts compared to the players? I really don't think the staff pay is the issue here
Waste is waste whatever the department mate.
And it's not just or primarily about wages, it's about what they provide for the wages.
If you're in a job that rarely or doesn't bother to set targets and offer bonuses for exceeding the targets, you enter a 'comfort zone'.

I'd go so far as to suggest that a complete review of every single employee, their job specification and salary package be carried out and changes implemented to improve the productivity of every department. And if that meant reducing basic salaries but, offering substantial bonuses based upon exceeding targets, then that's well worth considering.
The more the people produce, the more they can earn - exceeding targets pays for itself.

For example... car salespeople are paid a relative pittance of a basic salary because they're incentivised to sell add-ons... accessories, finance packages etc.
You walk into any car showroom and after the initial chat about the car, the first thing they want to talk to you about is 'and over how long would you like to finance the car?' Because they're incentivised to sell a finance package. They earn more from the finance company than they do for actually selling the car.

Tell the salesperson you want to pay cash and watch his face sink... 'cos his commission has just evaporated.

Financially our club is an absolute shambles that’s for sure.

Mina, delph, tosun, sig and Gomes get paid the same amount as Dortmund pay Haaland, thorgen hazard, Bellingham, Thomas Delaney and Julian Brandt
Not sure there is any public information anywhere about what the players are getting paid but the reality is Dortmund's wage bill is way higher than ours... About 50% higher in fact. Over 200M€ per year for them, and ours at this moment in time will be less than 130M.

And it's not just or primarily about wages, it's about what they provide for the wages.
If you're in a job that rarely or doesn't bother to set targets and offer bonuses for exceeding the targets, you enter a 'comfort zone'.

I'd go so far as to suggest that a complete review of every single employee, their job specification and salary package be carried out and changes implemented to improve the productivity of every department. And if that meant reducing basic salaries but, offering substantial bonuses based upon exceeding targets, then that's well worth considering.
The more the people produce, the more they can earn - exceeding targets pays for itself.

For example... car salespeople are paid a relative pittance of a basic salary because they're incentivised to sell add-ons... accessories, finance packages etc.
You walk into any car showroom and after the initial chat about the car, the first thing they want to talk to you about is 'and over how long would you like to finance the car?' Because they're incentivised to sell a finance package. They earn more from the finance company than they do for actually selling the car.

Tell the salesperson you want to pay cash and watch his face sink... 'cos his commission has just evaporated.
Yes, when you put it like that.

Could not agree more.

I've felt for a good few years that the club was top heavy with jobsworths and woefully underachieving personnel in a number of areas. Sadly, the hierarchy have chosen to bury their heads in the sand where over-staffing and incompetence are concerned, and bizarrely continue to expand the workforce with no apparent target setting or target incentivised packages to encourage people to over-achieve.

Without proper target setting and packages/incentives based on exceeding said targets, we'll continue to make hardly any progress in commercial terms visa-vie the clubs we're allegedly attempting to compete with... both on and off the field.
Sorry Andy but

Ashley is running the club in a very shrewd way to be fair. They are very secure financially.
Gambling with relegation again mate... A club like Newcastle has the resources to buy themselves some comfort instead of relying on not having a bad run. Bruce has done reasonably well... But they don't really have a good squad.

Ashley is running the club in a very shrewd way to be fair. They are very secure financially.

and they were a bin fire when he came in. When they signed Owen there were projections that they'd need to qualify for the CL four years in a row just to break even.

The last person I heard at the club talk in this manner was Paul Gregg. Not that I was an advocate of his. He said that people at the club had to be held accountable to targets.

For a club owned by an accountant there is a lack of accountability.

Even the recent board appointments are in the same vein. It seems anathema to bring people in who have no existing links to the club, no fresh perspective and ideas.

Has Grant Ingles, the finance director, and now board member been making a song and dance about the hundreds of millions wasted for example? I doubt it very much. If he has, nobody has been listening. Well, until this summer, maybe. At least there's that.

Nobody seeks accountability because to seek it in others you expose yourself. It might be a secretive club generally, but the culture is an open book.

What's really odd is that there's been a (reasonably) recent acquisition of the business, and yet no one has gone in to try and make the business "lean" before rebuilding on it. Deloitte (Moshiri's background) do M&A as a core workstream, it's frankly bizarre that he's not reset the club on the financial side.

Status
Not open for further replies.