Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
A: how on earth would you know this

B: utter tosh, as if our owner has asked our new manager to keep us mid table, it beggars belief that people actually think this.

Hiring Benitez and signing those 3 players shows we aren't serious about competing. None of the clubs above us would make those decisions.

It's pretty clear this season is going to be at best, extremely dull midtable irrelvance, or at worst, a complete disaster with the club left in a mess.

Everton should only be judged on actions. We can say all the right things, but we don't act like a club trying to compete with top clubs.

I don't think we will be in for any additional wingers. We will have Richarlison for the left and and Townsend for the right with Gray and Iwobi as back up.

I think we will bring in a new right back.

Then the focus should be on the spine of the team, but I can see it being on a one in one out basis. So if we shift Kean, we will get a new back up striker, shift one or two CM's and they'll be replaced, shift a central defender and we will bring in a new one.

I personally think central midfield is the area that we need to upgrade the most. Our current central midfield is poor.

Hiring Benitez and signing those 3 players shows we aren't serious about competing. None of the clubs above us would make those decisions.

It's pretty clear this season is going to be at best, extremely dull midtable irrelvance, or at worst, a complete disaster with the club left in a mess.
We havent finished buying or selling players, mate. Let us wait until we have before guessing what the chairman wants for the club.

Everton talk about ambition, other clubs show it. Carlo finished 12th and 10th but the club weren’t about to sack him were they.
He had a season and a half with some atrocious players, they were always going to give him another year.

The ambition was shown when they actually got him in the first place, along with James

Dont get me wrong mate never say never but the cards are stacked against us this season FFP is doing exactly what it was intended to do and shackle clubs like us whilst the Utds and Arsenals of the world can keep chucking money around.

Still think we will do better than what we did last season under Ancelotti but the fans have to be realistic in what we can achieve.

We could get top 6/7 but we shouldn't be expecting it is all im saying.

Next summer with the wage bill cut, wasters out of contract, BMD Naming Rights Deal in pay and probably Richarlison off for massive money we'll likely have a big chance to rebuild then but for me this one is about laying solid foundations in place and if we can nick 7th and Europe happy days.
Happy with Benny Brands spending the dosh?
I'm not

I don't think we will be in for any additional wingers. We will have Richarlison for the left and and Townsend for the right with Gray and Iwobi as back up.

I think we will bring in a new right back.

Then the focus should be on the spine of the team, but I can see it being on a one in one out basis. So if we shift Kean, we will get a new back up striker, shift one or two CM's and they'll be replaced, shift a central defender and we will bring in a new one.

I personally think central midfield is the area that we need to upgrade the most. Our current central midfield is poor.
Not for me still the right side of the oitch both vital a rb and a rm. say if we get a player like bailey that changes the team massively. I would like a cm but we have allan davies dacoure gomes delph gbamin. Wouldnt mind if the club look to loan a cm or get a cm with potential simialr to nkoukou

It's really not all about big names and big spending, we should know that more than anyone right now.

I'm bloody glad Carlo has gone. He was half arsed, and another one that thought he was doing the club a favour just through being here.

Despite Carlo's half arsed efforts, we were in contention to finish in a European spot before our needless end of season collapse. The target of European football should remain in place. Fans that are bottling the season before it has even began are just giving Benitez a ready made excuse.

Everton should only be judged on actions. We can say all the right things, but we don't act like a club trying to compete with top clubs.

A fair few below us wouldn't either ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.