2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why did our DoF sign crap players in the first place?

The answer is because he's crap too.

He didn't sign them all. The likes of Walcott, Bolasie, Soggy etc. who we've only just started to shift aren't his.

Bernard, gone. Gomes? Maybe go. Delph? Hard to shift. Iwobi? Don't think we (the club) will consider him deadwood).

The excuses of this all being down to Walsh, Koeman and Allardyce are long gone.

Now we're seeing that he's signed his own batch of crap players that he can't move on for a decent profit in Iwobi, Gomes, Delph and Bernard.
Decent profit for Iwobi.

Whahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahhaaaha

He didn't sign them all. The likes of Walcott, Bolasie, Soggy etc. who we've only just started to shift aren't his.

Bernard, gone. Gomes? Maybe go. Delph? Hard to shift. Iwobi? Don't think we (the club) will consider him deadwood).
I wasn't saying he signed all our crap players, just that he's signed plenty of his own.

Delph, Iwobi, Gomes. Nobody is taking them off our hands. That's deadwood he's added.

Bernard has gone after having us off for a massive wage packet for 3 years. We barely got anything for him. Complete waste of money for what he gave us in return.

In 2 months we will have added Gray, Townsend and Begovic to that list as well.

I wasn't saying he signed all our crap players, just that he's signed plenty of his own.

Delph, Iwobi, Gomes. Nobody is taking them off our hands. That's deadwood he's added.

Bernard has gone after having us off for a massive wage packet for 3 years. We barely got anything for him. Complete waste of money for what he gave us in return.

"Why did our DoF sign crap players then?" you said in a discussion about selling deadwood.

From his 21 transfers (up to this Summer) we're discussing 3 as deadwood...

I won't comment on this Summer's deals because like I've said several times previously I haven't got a clue who has signed them but they're crap regardless.

"Why did our DoF sign crap players then?" you said in a discussion about selling deadwood.

From his 21 transfers (up to this Summer) we're discussing 3 as deadwood...

I won't comment on this Summer's deals because like I've said several times previously I haven't got a clue who has signed them but they're crap regardless.

Won't comment on them but will include them in your total to make it seem better than it is.

3 out of 21 is a very generous view. A pessimistic view would look like this:

Gomes
Delph
Iwobi
Kean (until we actually sell him)
G'Bamin (injured or not we have paid 20 mil and 2 years of wages for nothing)
Bernard (the "profit" doesn't make up for 3 years at 120k a month)
Gray
Townsend
Lossl
Begovic
King

That's 10.

At the moment I would say we could see a profit from Kean, Richarlison, Godfrey, and Digne. The jury is still out on the young lads in Branthwaite and N'Kounkou. Mina won't go for more than we spent. That's not great is it?

Won't comment on them but will include them in your total to make it seem better than it is.

Gomes
Delph
Iwobi
Gray
Townsend
Lossl
Begovic
King

That's 10.

At the moment I would say we could see a profit from Kean, Richarlison, Godfrey, and Digne. The jury is still out on the young lads in Branthwaite and N'Kounkou. Mina won't go for more than we spent. That's not great is it?

Lossl on a free, sold for undisclosed fee.
Kean isn't dead wood since we're going to make a profit.
JPG can't be deadwood if we're looking to use him and not sell him.
King was a 6 month loan essentially.
Townsend, Gray, Begovic we can call deadwood in 6-12 months time.
Bernard on a free was a decent deal at the time - I'm sure in his first season you liked him too.

I know you hate him but you don't half bend spoons to get there.

Lossl on a free, sold for undisclosed fee.
Kean isn't dead wood since we're going to make a profit.
JPG can't be deadwood if we're looking to use him and not sell him.
King was a 6 month loan essentially.
Townsend, Gray, Begovic we can call deadwood in 6-12 months time.
Bernard on a free was a decent deal at the time - I'm sure in his first season you liked him too.

I know you hate him but you don't half bend spoons to get there.
As much as people bend over backwards to make excuses for why nothing is his fault and that he's somehow doing a great job building us squads that finish 8th, 12th and 10th.

All of those players you've listed up above have offered basically nothing to this squad. Deadwood.

As much as people bend over backwards to make excuses for why nothing is his fault and that he's somehow doing a great job building us squads that finish 8th, 12th and 10th.

All of those players you've listed up above have offered basically nothing to this squad. Deadwood.

I call him out when it needs saying, I defend against stupidity, normal day in the office on GOT.

Do you think we have a chance of paying the €30m that even Bayern are refusing to pay?

Wow is that what Ajax have quoted Bayern for Antony :eek: thats really cheap....also Kamara is available for £20mil ish.

Sorts our right wing and centre midfield out with two top young players for circa £45mil...

Meanwhile...nothingness.

When he joined, I expected is to be the destination for top young talent with the allure of playing alot of games in the Prem

The only good signing he has made is Nkounkou and I expected more of this I'll

Instead we are buying Premier League cloggers

I just don't understand

Brands is fidgudting :(

The excuses of this all being down to Walsh, Koeman and Allardyce are long gone.

Now we're seeing that he's signed his own batch of crap players that he can't move on for a decent profit in Iwobi, Gomes, Delph and Bernard.

It's obvious now that he isn't what we thought. Nobody thought the plan was going to be continually signing players from the Premier league nobody wants like Delph, Iwobi, Gray, and Townsend.

Gomes
Delph
Iwobi
Gray
Townsend
Lossl
Begovic
King

That's 10.

Bewildering how a DOF could select players, sign them and then be unable to move them on...its almost as if no other clubs rate the players hes signed for inflated fees and daft wages.

Id be forgiving if he'd shifted players like Iwobi as soon as it was clear that they werent good enough -- £28mil rising to £35mil...

For me, this was the key window for him to sell and recycle the squad.

Hes done next to nothing...

I am firmly in the Keane over Mina camp.

Mina can't keep fit and is just as capable of a dodgy mistake as Keane is. They both have no pace to speak of and have to play deep because of it.

Mate, thats total insanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.