2020/21 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that makes no sense for us.

Say hes owed 5m, we would normally offer about 3.
In that case pay him off but if its full payment as the report was saying leave him to rot until he reduces his demands until it's acceptable to us. Even if we let him go in October he could still sign for another club and we'd be better off. Either way only if it benefits us should he be paid off.

He's not due to be fit until mid-October. I can't see him moving anywhere at all this summer. He will have 6 months left on his contract come January, maybe someone will take a punt then.

His goals to game ratio is worse than Niasse and he cost twice as much, plus roughly double the wages as well. He is going to end up leaving us for nothing. I'll be fair and say that he looked a smart finisher when it was on a plate, but he has never looked capable of producing something out of nothing and he so unbearably slow. His hold up play is non existent, and his injuries, which I sympathise with him on, that isn't his fault, have meant that what little mobility he may have had have been negated.

I have said before, in fairness to Allardyce, the impact of both him and Walcott in the 2nd half of that season was essentially crucial, and they both added a number of goals that we never really looked like scoring earlier in the season, so there is an argument to be made that it was at least partially justified, but all in all, he has been terrible value for money, and has never really looked like he had anything close to that level of ability.
So, you're not a fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.