Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far then: A slew of contracts terminated - none of those players were likely to offer a great deal going forward.

IN - Gray, Townsend, Begovic
OUT - Bernard, Delph

It doesn't get the pulse rating but, since the departures were no big deal and the 2 players transferred out nothing to get upset about there is at least the vague hope that these 3 arrivals are something of an upgrade. I suspect Demarai Gray just didn't enjoy his time in isolation (probably in a hotel) in Germany. Doesn't mean he can't recapture his Leicester best. Townsend is decent and Begovic a fair back-up. Nothing flashy so far but at least a little bit positive.
Delph has left?

I don’t think anyone thought the reported 45-50mil was value for money at the time but yeah it’s turned out worth it in the long run. If we weren’t supposedly flush at the time maybe we could’ve got him cheaper is my point.
We'd just come out of a pitched battle with Watford over stealing Silva from them. There's no way they were going to make that transfer easy for us, and certainly no cheaper - money was the only thing doing the talking between the clubs at that point.

Well, we are linked with the last one we had that did that....

and dont say he couldn't, he created chances for fun and only 2/3 players created mare than him in his last 2 seasons in the prem.

Absolutely re-writting of history when to comes to him, all because of how he left.
That you Ross?

I posted this earlier, but it didn't go through.

James now wanted by Porto, Juventus, AC Milan and Real Madrid.

What's the plan if we sell him? Go through a whole season with zero creative players? We already need a new right side, so I can't see us bringing in a creative midfielder as well. Just bloody keep him, more important now than ever with Mr Redacted out of the picture.

What's the plan if we sell him? Go through a whole season with zero creative players? We already need a new right side, so I can't see us bringing in a creative midfielder as well. Just bloody keep him, more important now than ever with Mr Redacted out of the picture.
Hopefully we will be getting in a quality replacement *Winks*

Status
Not open for further replies.