Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wouldnt pay more attention to that, he includes the richarlison fee as being rinsed but also worth it! :Blink: lol
I don’t think anyone thought the reported 45-50mil was value for money at the time but yeah it’s turned out worth it in the long run. If we weren’t supposedly flush at the time maybe we could’ve got him cheaper is my point.

Look at the squad numbers = 30 players.

You can type as much as you want, be patronising and try to sound insightful...

...the first team squad is 30 players deep and Onyango + others will add to that.

We can register 23 players i think for the league and use 18 for a matchday squad.

The way to improve is to move out lots of players and bring in 2-3 of high quaility.

Move on 12 players, bring in 3 good players and we have 21 players + kids.
Most coaches do not want to work with bloated squads,
The ideal is rwo players per position with some of these versatile enough to cover two three or four positions,

Over recent seasons the squad has been trimmed and it does seem that more players will be moved on in Gomes, maybe Tosun, Delph likely, maybe Sigurdsson and possibly Iwobi and Kenny.
That would really three who had part to play last season.
There may be further players sold on for decent fees in Kean and just maybe Mina.
The potential is there is to remove for different reasons players from the squad and build it from the bones,
Pickford, Begovic, Coleman,Keane, Holgate,Godfrey,Branthwaite,Digne,Nkounke,Davies,Allan,Doucoure, JR,RIcharlison,DCL,Gray, Townsend.
Onyango and Gibson,Gordon and Omyango when fit.

But the core players are Pickford,Godfrey DIgne,Allan,DOucoure,JR,Richarlison and
DCL

Hes correct about Gray, waste of money. But why are so many Americans so definitive ?

Everyone seems to be universally happy with the Demarai Gray signing.

What a muppet.

Who was chasing Godfrey last summer?

I'm guessing Romero didn't want to swap not playing football for Utd for not playing football for us. That and wages.
Begovic will be cheaper and happy to sit on the bench.

This. And we have enough not playing football players on big wages. I don't see any reason to add more.

Hes correct about Gray, waste of money. But why are so many Americans so definitive ?

Everyone seems to be universally happy with the Demarai Gray signing.

What a muppet.

So, you can only be a good signing if loads of clubs were after you at the same time? Someone best tell Utd that Rooney wasn't a good signing for them because they were the only club in for him.

More proof that Americans should stick to their blag sports.

So far then: A slew of contracts terminated - none of those players were likely to offer a great deal going forward.

IN - Gray, Townsend, Begovic
OUT - Bernard, Delph

It doesn't get the pulse rating but, since the departures were no big deal and the 2 players transferred out nothing to get upset about there is at least the vague hope that these 3 arrivals are something of an upgrade. I suspect Demarai Gray just didn't enjoy his time in isolation (probably in a hotel) in Germany. Doesn't mean he can't recapture his Leicester best. Townsend is decent and Begovic a fair back-up. Nothing flashy so far but at least a little bit positive.

This is a genuine question mate, but does Gray have Leicester best to recapture?

….I never get these ‘bottom half premier player‘ or ‘Championship player’ shouts. Sometimes a player is just what a team needs, regardless of where they have come from. It’s about blend and partnerships. Wayne Clarke and Paul Power joined us from humble backgrounds and were crucial in us winning a title. That’s an aside.

We desperately needed wingers and we’ve brought two in. Yes, they are underwhelming but I expect both will be more effective than Bernard. I’m not defending the purchases, only time will tell on how good they are, but I assume we won’t bring more in. Just my assumption, I might be wrong but I expect other positions to be filled next.
Spot on mate. Of course not everyone has to love every transfer but boiling it down to these lazy shouts can get annoying.

Our greatest striker of the PL era was a "Big Six cast-off"

Cahill was signed from the Champo (as was Lescott, Gueye, Godfrey, etc)

Richard Gough had absolutely no business being as good for us as he did. Landon Donovan came from a Mickey Mouse league and garnered a cult following after a great half-season.

To my mind, on this forum a player has to be young and signed from a massive club to be considered anything other than dross before they've kicked a ball. Like Kean, for example.

It's almost as if we don't know how they'll turn out until they actually play.

Status
Not open for further replies.