2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
He strode round The Pit like a Colossus in the Pickford derby.

Son really screwed him up.

I hope he does well in the future.

It would be really convenient to blame Son.... The reality is that he was showing appalling levels of consistency before that.

His first game back from injury was one of the best he had played. Pinging balls into channels the lot. It's all about expectation with him .... He felt no pressure because noone was expecting much, just like his trial.

So many on here are so critical of a player who suffered a bad injury and who, barely two years ago, accumulated the most votes from so many on here to become the GOT Player of the Season.

Agree with this Andy. Such was the severity of the injury it's understandable that he's needed some time to recover, clearly a vast amount of talent still there. His partnership with Gueye was excellent.

I just cannot understand why the club insists on divesting itself of quality at the moment.

Sorry but his form before the injury was wildly inconsistent.

Why is it people try and apply a lifetime tag to a player based on early performances and appraisals?

When we first loaned him he looked like a rolls Royce, brilliant. Towards the end of the loan we seen worrying performances which made the Barcelona criticisms seem applicable. But he had done enough to warrant the transfer.

Very likable fella but to say his injury is the reason he lost his way is wrong. With him it's mental just like Barkley.
This is the best way to some him up. Its a myth that he was in top form before his injury, his performance at villa park at the start of that season was among the worst ive ever seen, and he never got much better after that. Never performed for us since signing permanently.

Massively frustrating player. What happened to the Gomes who looked so good when he arrived. His performance against Liverpool was excellent.

I know he had a bad injury, but his form was all over the place even before then. He’s probably dipped further since the injury.

The injury kept him out for 10 weeks I think, and people are still using it as an excuse for his form 18 months on from him coming back.

Massively frustrating player. What happened to the Gomes who looked so good when he arrived. His performance against Liverpool was excellent.

I know he had a bad injury, but his form was all over the place even before then. He’s probably dipped further since the injury.

The issue is that some people rightly lauded his early performances for us. They were world class level.

But they didn't stay that level for long. They dropped to a point where you wondered who was the handsome bugger who has never played football before.

No-one likes to say "yeah I thought he was good but he isn't now" ...... Just easy to blame Son who is a disgrace btw. But his levels had gone way before then.

The injury kept him out for 10 weeks I think, and people are still using it as an excuse for his form 18 months on from him coming back.
He had some very good games initially but has been consistently underwhelming for so long now. Time to offload.

The issue is that some people rightly lauded his early performances for us. They were world class level.

But they didn't stay that level for long. They dropped to a point where you wondered who was the handsome bugger who has never played football before.

No-one likes to say "yeah I thought he was good but he isn't now" ...... Just easy to blame Son who is a disgrace btw. But his levels had gone way before then.
The vast majority of his performances have been poor.

So many on here are so critical of a player who suffered a bad injury and who, barely two years ago, accumulated the most votes from so many on here to become the GOT Player of the Season.

He had 1 good game since he arrived vs that lot , a game in which he missed a sitter. He is an appallingly bad player post and pre injury (see Villa away). Doesn't score. A statue has more resistance in stopping opponents go past. Would take 10p to get rid

He has been unfortunate, certainly made a big impact at first but is now only a pale shadow of that player.

Maybe under a different manager, under a manager who team play at a higher tempo then Gomes could do better.... but I don't believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.