Confirmed Signing Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve probably covered (or almost) Bernards wages with Gray and Townsend: so we’re back to square 1.

Your logic is massively flawed here
Mate, we need 2 or 3 midfielders, a defender a right back and possibly a striker. We need to free up far more than we have already

Also, Bernard wages will cover Gray, Townsend AND more. They are on about 30k each ffs

Literally., the money saved by raplacing Bernard with Gray could pay a fair amount Dumfries wages for instance.

If we're knowingly buying deadwood, we should all give up now as any club should always be looking at improving rather than trying to fill places.

While I have my doubts over Gray, I suspect they'll be considering that he's got PL experience, at the right age and does have potential to improve.
Absolutely

Mate, we need 2 or 3 midfielders, a defender a right back and possibly a striker. We need to free up far more than we have already

Also, Bernard wages will cover Gray, Townsend AND more. They are on about 30k each ffs

Literally., the money saved by raplacing Bernard with Gray could pay a fair amount Dumfries wages for instance.
I doubt this very very much. That’s a massive exaggeration

Please don’t mate; these players were extremely talented and technically good players who actually delivered at teams. It’s a terrible comparison

Pienaar was highly touted as a youngster, did well for Ajax then absolutely bombed at Dortmund. Arteta was similar, did OK at Rangers then disappeared at Sociedad.

Although lazy comparisons are easy to make these are at least somewhat valid as they follow a similar pattern. Doesn't mean anything though of course as all players are different.

Appreciate this is a speculative thread but there is no guarantee we can sell Bernard or get all his wages off our books - or that Gray will come in on a low wage for that matter.

…I’d be surprised if Townsend isn’t on at least double that given he was signed on a Bosman.

Appreciate this is a speculative thread but there is no guarantee we can sell Bernard or get all his wages off our books - or that Gray will come in on a low wage for that matter.
Gray was on the bench in Germany and sold for £1.5mil. I honestly think he will be on very low wages, less than 30k

…I’d be surprised if Townsend isn’t on at least double that given he was signed on a Bosman.
That only really works with top end players though. Supply and demand, if loads of other clubs wanted him then he is probably on more but if we were his best option and nobody else was that interested in him then we can dictate the wage.

Got to add in the wages clawed back for Walcott, Bolasie, Lossl and Besic as well which will be about 220k-240k off the books.

Benard covering Townsend and Grays wages is decent business as Begovic wont be on much.

Need to try get shot of Delph and Toshun as well then we are in business.

Got to add in the wages clawed back for Walcott, Bolasie, Lossl and Besic as well which will be about 220k-240k off the books.

Benard covering Townsend and Grays wages is decent business as Begovic wont be on much.

Need to try get shot of Delph and Toshun as well then we are in business.
Absolutely, it is wages that are holding us back an getting these dudes gone will be a big deal.

Ordinarily yes, but he was desperate to stay in the Prem ( he only had offers from overseas he said) and wants to work with Benitez, even as a sub.
I would expect his wages are moderate by Everton standards certainly and maybe top half premiership team as well.

Townsend was probably not expecting to sign for as big a club as Everton and was probaly factoring a substantial drop in wages if he was even able to pick up another premiership club.

Everton have books to balance and I expect that Townsend is earning more that he expected and Everton have made a big reduction if Townsend replaces any one of Bernars,Gomes, Iwobi or Delph.

Status
Not open for further replies.