Confirmed Signing Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 year deals are quite common in football though.

Many experienced players sign 1 year deals and many players looking for an opportunity will sign a 1 year deal with a club option for a 2nd.

Just not at Everton.
You are hoping to tap into Gray’s potential like we did with Arteta and Pienaar. It’s unlikely he will turn into a good player in 12 months. However he might show signs of progress and you take him up the option. If he finally lives up to his potential in his last year he’s then a free agent and can walk out. I’d rather give him a extra year on 30k or whatever it is then lose him if it worked out. What’s £1.5m a year to a Premier League club

You are hoping to tap into Gray’s potential like we did with Arteta and Pienaar. It’s unlikely he will turn into a good player in 12 months. However he might show signs of progress and you take him up the option. If he finally lives up to his potential in his last year he’s then a free agent and can walk out. I’d rather give him a extra year on 30k or whatever it is then lose him if it worked out. What’s £1.5m a year to a Premier League club
Please don’t mate; these players were extremely talented and technically good players who actually delivered at teams. It’s a terrible comparison

Please don’t mate; these players were extremely talented and technically good players who actually delivered at teams. It’s a terrible comparison
We don’t need him to be that good. He’s not going to be a first choice player like the other 2 were signed to be. We only need him as an impact sub. Doubt he’ll do anything but nothing wrong with taking fliers on a few players. If one comes off then it’s worth it.

We don’t need him to be that good. He’s not going to be a first choice player like the other 2 were signed to be. We only need him as an impact sub. Doubt he’ll do anything but nothing wrong with taking fliers on a few players. If one comes off then it’s worth it.
errrrrr yes we do. I have no idea we’re this ridiculous notion as come from that it’s now ok having gash players as long as they’re cheaper than the person they’re replacing

errrrrr yes we do. I have no idea we’re this ridiculous notion as come from that it’s now ok having gash players as long as they’re cheaper than the person they’re replacing
It is because we are saving about 120k pw between this kid and Bernardo which will go towards proper players in more vital positions. This kid could play about the same amount as Bernard (basically nothing) but will allow us to improve elsewhere.
We'd all prefer Rashford on the bench, but with our wage bill and cack squad, it aint happening.

Last edited:
Oh ok, so because we are saving wages then buying bad players is good.
Nope, Swapping dead wood with cheaper dead wood that may come good while allowing us to fill other, more important areas of the squad is good though.

It is not ideal, but needs must.

I would rather free up wages for a major signing than keeping Bernard for another 2 years

Nope, Swapping dead wood with cheaper dead wood that may come good while allowing us to fill other, more important areas of the squad is good though.

It is not ideal, but needs must.

I would rather free up wages for a major signing than keeping Bernard for another 2 years
We’ve probably covered (or almost) Bernards wages with Gray and Townsend: so we’re back to square 1.

Your logic is massively flawed here

Status
Not open for further replies.