Confirmed Signing Andros Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm, no mate? He started something like the next 10 games, was crap and didn’t score again, then sold to Norwich and couldn’t get a game for them in the Championship.

I liked Naismith, but I think he slowed counter attacks down with his lack of ability. Decent goalscorer I suppose. Was a great deal we got from Norwich, what we spent it on is another matter but you don't turn that down.

It's so interesting reading someone who has a very similar outlook to most things as me.. sounds like me in fact.. but with an education.. are you one of my multi's ? Great Post mate.
Naisy was a terrific player too !! He was never a 10 but by god his work rate alone made up for it. Scored a great hattrick against Chelsea then was dropped off a cliff. Good old Martinez.
Townsend has indeed been picked to do a roll (cheaply) as has Gray. Cheap, With both having huge points to prove, I'm not excited by either if I'm honest but.. like you, I see the reasoning behind the deals. If it means Iwobi and Bernard can go I won't be shedding too many tears. Money vacuums both.
Exactly that mate, it's very easy to dream of an Everton squad full of galacticos but it doesn't work.

Squad players by their very nature accept they have a specific job to do and add depth to the team. We have too many players on the bench who don't give us anything.

Or anyone. Who else do you suggest we could sign?*

* Hint: it has to be a player that would want to come to us and would add value
I would guess that three quarters of the players in the Premier league earn less than him, so plenty I would say.

And adding value is your opinion. Mine is he doesn't in terms of ability.

Everton FC the gift that keeps on giving.

So we send our scouts to watch Palace and from all the available talent they decide on Townsend.

Last season 1 goal and 5 assists, the season before 1 goal 1 assist.

I doubt they would have said Townsend was the best, but he may have been the one that fits into the budget as things stand now.

I'd also say, this has Benitez written all over it. Now theres a wider question as to whether managers should be dictating transfer policy, but I'm not sure our scouts have decided Townsend is an unearthed gem mate.

I doubt they would have said Townsend was the best, but he may have been the one that fits into the budget as things stand now.

I'd also say, this has Benitez written all over it. Now theres a wider question as to whether managers should be dictating transfer policy, but I'm not sure our scouts have decided Townsend is an unearthed gem mate.
I think our policy will be the same as with Ancelotti. If Benitez wants an older player for a year or 2 and the sums add up he gets them. Meanwhile Brands is detailed to bring in young players on longer contracts for lower wages like Kean, Nkounkou and Godfrey.

There’s no denying Benitez was written all over it, Townsend says this in his interview that as soon as Benitez got the job he called him.

Whilst I wouldn't go as far as saying cracking player - we could do with a few more players like him in our squad. Never gave less than 100% and dug players out who were not

People liked to bash him but the reality was he was a very solid player. Had zero athleticism but his intelligence, movement and one on one finishing was top notch.

John Terry rated him highly as an opponent.
He was never a regular starter for us and ended up going to Norwich where he did not shine either.

He was very average. Lovely bloke and he could finish quite well when a chance came his way but that's about it.

Curious how we have become the final pasture for mediocre black british wingers. Walcott, Lennon and now Andros. Cant believe he is 30 years old already. Welcome lad, expecting a lot of crappy undercooked long-range efforts from you in the future!
Bit harsh, we're defo a multicultural haven for past it and / or mediocre players in an array of positions.

You can add McGeady, Schneiderlin, Niasse, Alcaraz, Martina, Williams, Cleverly, Siggurdson, Delph, and Sandro to that list. There's more, but I'm too lazy to think of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.