Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn’t agree more mate but it’s never just as easy as saying we can copy what other teams are doing. Leicester won the league playing kick and rush footy, does that mean we should give that a go?

Ancelotti had us believing that what he was doing was the start of a project. We’ll never know how that one turned out. Benitez - hate him or the signings all you want - seems to have a pretty nailed on idea of how he wants us to play; how do we know this (thus far) auspicious summer isn’t the start of the strategy that works for us in the medium-long term?

I suppose what I’m rambling towards is the point that hindsight is a wonderful thing and it’s a bit too easy to say “we should have done it like X”.
If this is the start of a longer term plan then that's good. I'll struggle to see how Townsend advances that but that's fine at least we're doing something.

Flip it around - Benitez has instantly seen the 3x major problems at the club:

Threadbare squad
Lack of any pace / wide players
Suspect mentality from a number of players

Done more than the last 4 managers instantly.

He's signed 1 player.
Townsend's pace has pretty much gone
How has he fixed mentality? The season is still to start lol

If this is the start of a longer term plan then that's good. I'll struggle to see how Townsend advances that but that's fine at least we're doing something.
IF it was, and of course that’s a big IF then I’d assume stage one is trimming the squad fat and outlining the general shape we want to play in.

For now that would involve getting cheap players in to fill the wide areas in which we have nobody to play at present, and spending a few bob to improve on problem areas like RW and CM. That’s where Townsend and Gray fit in, I guess.

Assuming we didn’t buy a RW for Townsend to play backup to this summer, you’d have to assume that becomes a priority for next summer.

The prime mover is Benitez. On Benitez you have been the chief cheerleader. What happened?
Prime mover my ass. Said from the beginning that he was never my first choice and still isn't. I am just not a hateful git like you and your kin and will get behind any manager of Everton and want him to do well no matter who he is just like i did with Allardyce and i absolutely despised that man.

Give the made up bollox a rest, no need for it at all. Never had a bad word to say about you till you started trolling me for absolutely no reason other than wanting Everton to do well. Get it over it ffs.

You're gonna need to explain how Benitez has fixed the team's mentality having played only 2 pre season friendlies. I'm a bit lost on this point.

Didnt say that mate - he knows the squad is full of suspect players mentally/commitment so will start removing them accordingly whilst replacing them with honest pros

Benard
Delph
Soggy
Slomes
Toshun
Kean
James

They'll be out on their ears in the next 12 months and rightfully so.

IF it was, and of course that’s a big IF then I’d assume stage one is trimming the squad fat and outlining the general shape we want to play in.

For now that would involve getting cheap players in to fill the wide areas in which we have nobody to play at present, and spending a few bob to improve on problem areas like RW and CM. That’s where Townsend and Gray fit in, I guess.

Assuming we didn’t buy a RW for Townsend to play backup to this summer, you’d have to assume that becomes a priority for next summer.
You don't trim squad fat by adding a crap player to the squad. That's what I can't quite wrap my head around in the whole thing. Just use Bernard or Iwobi until their contract runs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.