Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the wrong term but I'd say Townsend can play both sides if needed. He can play left but never really had to at Palace, but that side of his game can be about offering width. He then can also play right and be used to cut inside onto his left foot.

Bernard wants to do one thing and that's drift. That's fine, and I actually think he did it well for his first season or so here then never really got a chance under Carlo after lockdown which was a shame. But he lost that lightning speed when he had when he was younger and also he can't cross to save his life so not sure he ever could play wide right.

I like Bernard, shame it didn't really work out for him – hopefully we can get some decent £ for him relatively and get his wages off the books. What he offered to the squad last year wasn't worth £120k (even if it wasn't strictly his fault that he didn't play).

To be fair mate you could flip Townsend name for Iwobi and it fits. I think we can all accept Iwobi was a woeful signing.

Just reading some of the Leicester forums historical threads on Gray, they aren’t good!

He hasn’t developed since he first came through, accompanied by the usual fanfare and hype surrounding a young English player when they have a few good games. He’s so far off the radar I’d forgotten all about him. I wouldn’t get your hopes up…
Not much of a risk though is he? Even if he played twenty odd games next season got a few goals and assists he would be worth more than 1.5m. It's the move of the three that makes the most sense.

To be fair mate you could flip Townsend name for Iwobi and it fits. I think we can all accept Iwobi was a woeful signing.

Just reading some of the Leicester forums historical threads on Gray, they aren’t good!
Well at least Townsend is on a free and the wages won't be huge. Iwobi cost us £28m up front! His wages won't be huge comparatively but the fee was ludicrous.

Gray is costing us £1.5m and is on a two-year deal. he has the assets we need, though I too am unsure on the quality. But as a back up winger - which is what I hope he is - then I'm happy with him for that price.

He hasn’t developed since he first came through, accompanied by the usual fanfare and hype surrounding a young English player when they have a few good games. He’s so far off the radar I’d forgotten all about him. I wouldn’t get your hopes up…
But the people at Leverkusen had hope still so I also do

Think Leverkusen like us thought he is worth a punt if it works out they could look to sell bailey or diaby for big money it hasn't so they've looked to get rid

1626729952685.png

Status
Not open for further replies.