Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep thats where I am sitting right now, I said at the end of last season (and the year before) the right side needs addressing massively, if we got those two players its done the job.

Window will be good imo if thats what we do.
Think the club needs to manage the finance carefully in particular the new stadium project has begun.

I’ll be amazed if James and Kean are here after the transfer window but stranger things have happened.

Shifting Kean really is our hope this summer ultimately. He's the sellable asset we have that we can get by without - whereas selling Richarlison or Dom or Digne would leave us very much scraping around.

Mina's probably another one but I don't think we should sell our best defender like. But if needs be, then so be it.

James – I just don't see the point in selling. We'd get tops £10m. Yes his wages would be off the books but Gomes, Bernard, Mina, Gylfi – they're all on the same or just less than him, and offer far less.

For the sake of another year, just keep him and see what difference he can make with a more balanced set up that isn't so reliant on him to be the sole creator, and if that means him being fit for 25-30 games, fine, because it's in those games that his quality can shine through

Shifting Kean really is our hope this summer ultimately. He's the sellable asset we have that we can get by without - whereas selling Richarlison or Dom or Digne would leave us very much scraping around.

Mina's probably another one but I don't think we should sell our best defender like. But if needs be, then so be it.

James – I just don't see the point in selling. We'd get tops £10m. Yes his wages would be off the books but Gomes, Bernard, Mina, Gylfi – they're all on the same or just less than him, and offer far less.

For the sake of another year, just keep him and see what difference he can make with a more balanced set up that isn't so reliant on him to be the sole creator, and if that means him being fit for 25-30 games, fine, because it's in those games that his quality can shine through

Like I said if he’s happy to stay and will knuckle down then of course I’d want to keep him, in my view he’s out best player by a long long way.

I just think he’ll be making manoeuvres though and Benitez doesn’t seem the type to indulge unhappy players, we’ll see though.

Like I said if he’s happy to stay and will knuckle down then of course I’d want to keep him, in my view he’s out best player by a long long way.

I just think he’ll be making manoeuvres though and Benitez doesn’t seem the type to indulge unhappy players, we’ll see though.

Honestly mate I don't think he's arsed either way.

It'll all be on Mendes. James will just say yay or nay either way once a deal is sorted.

Shifting Kean really is our hope this summer ultimately. He's the sellable asset we have that we can get by without -
Nobody wants to buy him.

Almost certainly wants out, wouldn't you with Beneathus coming in?

He doesn't want to be here under a manager who nearly ruined his career at Real Madrid, and his contract will contain enough escape clauses to allow him to go or else he wouldn't have signed in the first place. It's just a matter of waiting for Raiola to sort it out.

So he wasn't offered a new contract because the new manager didn't fancy him ( as I understand it ) .

Do the majority of Palace fans agree with that Al?
I think it’s split. He is obviously past his best but can still do a job. He is a honest grafter and respected at Palace for that. Most expected him to be offered a new deal but when Vieira said not most fans backed the new manager.

Is the Gbamin situation the fact he’s managed to play about 60 minutes of non-competitive football without his leg falling off?
Hahah yeah I’m guessing they won’t bring anyone in if he stays fit through pre season, but will if he gets injured again

Status
Not open for further replies.