Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s not available on a free transfer. His contract expired. He hasn’t got raw pace at thirty either.
So he wasn't offered a new contract because the new manager didn't fancy him ( as I understand it ) .

Do the majority of Palace fans agree with that Al?

As said lets wait and see before the window closes before claiming we are skint etc.

We have a tendancy to only sign squad fillers first - if we go into the season with Gray, Iwobi & Townsend as just options off the bench and have proven quality in the starting 11 brought in I dont know how you cant be happy.

I'll only be fuming if Gray or Townsend are starting games for us as first 11 players but we dont know that yet especially with Benard looking to be on his way out and Iwobi looking more like he's playing central under Benitez.
The issue is like I’ve said many times, a few injuries and they will be playing every week.

Richarlison looking at the bench will know he’s playing every game no matter what. We need to put pressure in him and DCL

This team isn’t so bad

Pickford

Dumfries Godfrey Mina Digne

Allan Gbamin Docuoure

Richarlison DCL Gray

Bench: Kean Townsend Gordon Gomes Holgate Nkonkou Begovic

That’s one signing away currently (if Gray goes through with Townsend)

If we can add better depth in central midfield then we’re not looking awful.
Christ no your proposed has no creativity in midfield (it needs a James type of playmaker) and hope Gray is not in the starting eleven. If Kean stays he need to be in before Gray.

He’s not available on a free transfer. His contract expired. He hasn’t got raw pace at thirty either.
It's obvious to anyone who has watched any football in the past couple of years that Townsend isn't a speed merchant any more, it won't stop every happy clapper on here saying it, however, even with CP fans like yourself who has watched them week in week out pointing that out.

I think this is a reset period for us Toff, we are still dealing with serious mismanagement and handing out mega contracts to sub par players.

While I am not sitting here made up at signing Townsend and Gray, I am certainly not thinking they are worse options then we have on our bench currently, who earn an absolute tonne more.

If they come in and are back up players, give us room to wiggle and bring in players like Bailey, Dumfries and another, am all for loosing some expensive dead wood. I caveat that with, loosing James will be a nightmare, 20 odd games we need that creativity.

If they come in and are starters, then my anger about Benitez which has slightly subsided at the moment (acceptance stage) will boil over very quickly.

Oh I'm with you there mate.

I think we probably have actual big money for one signing (and that will probably be Dumfries) without the sales of any of our players.

We probably have a budget of about £20-25m as it stands right now. The rest has to come from sales.

That's absolutely fine by me, we need to get rid of players. But I just know that, this being Everton, we'll get rid of the actual world class player we have in James, who for what it's worth, we really might as well just keep.

Got him for free, he's the one player we have worth paying £120k a week or whatever he's on, and could well be the difference for us. If he leaves at the end of the season, so be it, but we haven't lost a transfer fee on him and in a team that has an actual idea of how it wants to play, he should be the difference between us and the likes of Leeds, Villa etc.

Begovic -- couple of years experienced back up.

Townsend -- one year experienced backup.

These two make sense and ive no idea why posters are complaining about cheap experienced average level backup?

Gray -- Wonderkid who has flopped at Leicester and now flopped at Leverkusen. Rumoured to have a bad attitude.

This one doesnt make any sense at all...significant downgrade and a headless chicken.
Thinking back our recent acquisitions of wingers include:

Bernard (free on massive wages?), Bolasie ( £25m), Iwobi (£28m), Walcott (£20m).

Maybe Townsend on a free and Grey for £1.7m as squad fillers aren’t that bad afterall?

Now while I don't see the uproar over the signings, I won't be happy if any of them are starters. Squad fillers who will do a job and free money to get bigger players.. yes.

If this leads to us getting a Bailey, I will be absolutely delighted.
If the big money signings are Bailey and Dumfries then this window is ok. Lenglet on loan is icing on the cake.

Oh I'm with you there mate.

I think we probably have actual big money for one signing (and that will probably be Dumfries) without the sales of any of our players.

We probably have a budget of about £20-25m as it stands right now. The rest has to come from sales.

That's absolutely fine by me, we need to get rid of players. But I just know that, this being Everton, we'll get rid of the actual world class player we have in James, who for what it's worth, we really might as well just keep.

Got him for free, he's the one player we have worth paying £120k a week or whatever he's on, and could well be the difference for us. If he leaves at the end of the season, so be it, but we haven't lost a transfer fee on him and in a team that has an actual idea of how it wants to play, he should be the difference between us and the likes of Leeds, Villa etc.

Yep 100%, he needs to be kept even if its for this one season and he doesn't extend, we need that creativity and flash of genius. I am without a doubt not in the lets sell James for saving wages etc camp.

I agree with you, I think we have money for signings, I personally think we will end up with Dumfries (or another rb) and a 1st team right winger (would love Bailey bit who knows). These moves we are making now are just to allow this to happen with wages and getting money in and people off the book.

This team isn’t so bad

Pickford

Allan Gbamin Docuoure

Richarlison DCL Gray

Midfield nowhere near good enough.

We have to be ultra careful with Gbamin. It will be months before he gets up to full speed. Allan needs to be replaced as well because he has zero defensive discipline and doesn't offer anything going forward either.

This team isn’t so bad

Pickford

Allan Gbamin Docuoure

Richarlison DCL Gray

We must be in a pretty strong position when James Rodriguez can't even make the squad

If the big money signings are Bailey and Dumfries then this window is ok. Lenglet on loan is icing on the cake.

Yep thats where I am sitting right now, I said at the end of last season (and the year before) the right side needs addressing massively, if we got those two players its done the job.

Window will be good imo if thats what we do.

That first team is 8th in the league at best, combine with that bench and we'll be lucky to make top half. I see you have sold off James and Keane in your scenario.

James I think will go, I’d love him to stay though and would drop any player for him.

Keane is in the squad but I just don’t rate him at all though so I’d be hoping he wouldn’t make the bench.

If we are completely strung up by FFP, or if Moshiri has simply tightened the purse strings to start budgeting for the stadium build, then it is sadly the inevitable consequence of years of catastrophic recruitment that was always going to catch up to us in the end.

Swapping someone like Bernard for Gray makes loads of sense, both from squad and economic perspectives. Questions have to be asked however of our DoF about why Bernard was ever here in the first place, because he was so obviously unsuited to the league and we have paid him a king's ransom for three years for very little in return.

So I have no problems at all with Gray or Begovic, they're both crap obviously but they are here purely to keep the bench warm and may do alright when called upon. Townsend I can't wrap my head around at all. He's obviously a Benitez choice, but he's completely unnecessary because unless Brands has been asleep all season and didn't watch Alex Iwobi's impersonation act of a professional footballer, he should be very aware that signing a right winger is one of the main priorities on his to-do list. Considering then that we don't have European football, someone like the incredibly obvious Matheus Pereira from West Brom and James Rodriguez should give us more than enough quality in that position, with Gray covering in emergencies.

Seems yet another pointless drain on resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.