Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% mate joke of a decision but was a bold one which may or may not work out. What the fans need to do is trust the board and support whoever comes in manager or player. “Fans” saying they want him out before a balls even been kicked need to stay away from the ground and not renew season tickets if that’s how strongly you feel about the appointment if not shut up and support the team.
Right. And if they won't listen to @coleman=quality they should be fined or put in prison.

Yes, but preseason is all about setting you up to hit the ground running for those first games.
The Carlos preseason last year can not be seen as anything but an unmitigated success.

The narrative that when a manager leaves, he and everything he did becomes terrible, is absolute nonsense.
No I don’t think everything he did was terrible, but he just did one and left us in a terrible mess. If most fans had known it was in his contract that he could leave at any time if a another club came calling for him, without any compensation for his departure then I think his whole time here would have been looked at very differently, and he wouldn’t have got the relatively free ride I think he got. He was very well paid for his time here and his son was better than well paid for what amounted to an apprentice manager.

the more i think about it, the FSW seems to have been brought in here as a temporary measure while bad players, who no one wants (basically everyone) have their contracts expire over the next 24 months, he then gets sacked for 'failure' in the interim and then rebuild with a 'wanted' manager.

thats my positive take all on of this haha.

lol

As an ex RS manager it just feels so wrong, but that being said, I think he is a better manager than Martinez, Allardyce, Koeman and Silva.

Should be an interesting season and he will be judged on results, not where he managed before us.

Status
Not open for further replies.