Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I must have missed all the posts on here with the exact price that we have bid for him that I reported days ago.
All major internet news media posted the story on Sat night/Sun morning with the exact price listed.

Then you posted the same thing on here. Now you’re claiming an exclusive scoop.

Give it up chump.lol

CB's are in their prime after 30, for defense the maturity matters.,, Reading of the game is critical, that comes with experience.

That is why people like Maldini, Nesta were still good into thier 40's
Canavaro was 33 when he was the player of the tournament. The current Italy that won the EURO's they had Chellini & Bonnuci who were 36 & 34.
Distin is a great example...he was very good for us despite signing when he was 30, nearly 31 in fact...

….although historically we’ve done well out of 30+ year old CBs, I do think buying Koulibaly has a hint of short-term about it.

Appointing Benitez, now acquiring Koulibaly is safe rather than progressive. No long-term strategy at play.
Godfrey will develop far more under a player like Koulibally than under Keane or Mina. Also good centre halves can play until they're mid to late 30s, so not that short term.

Godfrey will develop far more under a player like Koulibally than under Keane or Mina. Also good centre halves can play until they're mid to late 30s, so not that short term.

Yeah lets not make any mistake about it Koulibally is a brilliant defender and is a much better player then Keane or Mina, I think I am one of the minority who doesn't actually think Mina is as good as he is made out, he makes me massively nervous in defence, moreso then Keane and he is no great shakes.

If we got Koulibally in, stuck Godfrey next to him I would be quietly confident in the defence... (if we got a quality right back)

….if we are genuinely in for another CB, I would expect one of our front-line defenders to be leaving. Although I’d prefer it to be Keane, I imagine Mina is the most likely to be in demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.