Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
….although historically we’ve done well out of 30+ year old CBs, I do think buying Koulibaly has a hint of short-term about it.

Appointing Benitez, now acquiring Koulibaly is safe rather than progressive. No long-term strategy at play.
Very quiet on the transfer front Eggs isn't it, not very exciting

You said we didn't need any more CB's on the 6th July, but you know

I think there's a bit of mistranslation from that post.

I was saying that it wouldn't really matter if we did or didn't sign anyone as we had enough depth. Hence why I named all the players for each position that we apparently needed to buy for.

A lot of people were/are saying that we should get rid of Keane and Holgate. I said Mina is the one likely to go.

I have said that whoever leaves will need to be replaced.

The overall squad is adequate enough for a top 10 position.

….although historically we’ve done well out of 30+ year old CBs, I do think buying Koulibaly has a hint of short-term about it.

Appointing Benitez, now acquiring Koulibaly is safe rather than progressive. No long-term strategy at play.

I guess it depends on his fitness levels. Take Chiellini for example, he's 6 years older than Koulibaly.

Players are generally playing for longer now, compared with the past.

CB's are in their prime after 30, for defense the maturity matters.,, Reading of the game is critical, that comes with experience.

That is why people like Maldini, Nesta were still good into thier 40's
Canavaro was 33 when he was the player of the tournament. The current Italy that won the EURO's they had Chellini & Bonnuci who were 36 & 34.

Said that 5 days ago, but you know
but it is not like Koulibaly is a goer. If the report is correct there is a 20M hole between asking and bidding price. Plus there is no indication he wants to join anyway. So i still give you zero credibility in terms of ITK. So put your LFC kit on if you havent already and go and find a girlfriend/boyfriend to play with lol

CB's are in their prime after 30, for defense the maturity matters.,, Reading of the game is critical, that comes with experience.

That is why people like Maldini, Nesta were still good into thier 40's
Canavaro was 33 when he was the player of the tournament. The current Italy that won the EURO's they had Chellini & Bonnuci who were 36 & 34.
How’s things in Mumbai mate?

Benitez's rumoured 2 top transfer targets are both defenders.

No suprise there . More of the same from this safety first manager.

We are crying out for pace and creativity FFS
Will get it after. First things first.. Defense, midfield and attack has been the priority. But that doesn't mean we are not targeting other positions. Attackers are expensive moreover, if we either get some good deal or break the bank.

I think there's a bit of mistranslation from that post.

I was saying that it wouldn't really matter if we did or didn't sign anyone as we had enough depth. Hence why I named all the players for each position that we apparently needed to buy for.

A lot of people were/are saying that we should get rid of Keane and Holgate. I said Mina is the one likely to go.

I have said that whoever leaves will need to be replaced.

The overall squad is adequate enough for a top 10 position.
You said we don’t need to sign an RB as we have Coleman and kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.