Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading through several coaching blogs guides and opinions of coaching experts ( which clearly you are not ) Benitez is a flexible adaptable forwards looking coach who adapts his tactics to his squad and available players
I don’t like him being our manager
But talking unsubstantiated nonsense about his tactics only puts you down not him
Good morning sir.
Which part of my post you disagree with?

John Henry announced the sacking was due to poor league results.

I think everyone was briefed quite widely it was because of the quite severe reputational damage to the brand that he had caused with how he handled the racism within the team/club. I don't think it was feasible for him to continue from a PR perspective.

You'd also have to acknowledge that Dalglish was only ever really a post Hodgson stopgap. FSG place no importance on cups and wanted to see the team in the CL, or getting closer to it, and they were going backwards under Dalglish, finishing I think about 25 points off the top 4. Rodgers was very much a manager who fitted what they were trying to do, he was a young, bright coach who had a track record for developing and improving younger players and they could see he would be a much better fit for what they were trying to do.

It's extremely misleading to make out he was sacked for coming 7th. In the same was it's a bit misleading to say that we sacked Allardyce for coming 8th, a if it's some sort of urinating in the wind contest. Neither manager were the right fit for what their respective club/management were trying to achieve, and while they both did reasonable jobs as stopgaps they were never really seen as any more than that.

So, with respect, I think your analysis of what had occurred is a little short sighted in the way it was presented.

I think everyone was briefed quite widely it was because of the quite severe reputational damage to the brand that he had caused with how he handled the racism within the team/club. I don't think it was feasible for him to continue from a PR perspective.

You'd also have to acknowledge that Dalglish was only ever really a post Hodgson stopgap. FSG place no importance on cups and wanted to see the team in the CL, or getting closer to it, and they were going backwards under Dalglish, finishing I think about 25 points off the top 4. Rodgers was very much a manager who fitted what they were trying to do, he was a young, bright coach who had a track record for developing and improving younger players and they could see he would be a much better fit for what they were trying to do.

It's extremely misleading to make out he was sacked for coming 7th. In the same was it's a bit misleading to say that we sacked Allardyce for coming 8th, a if it's some sort of urinating in the wind contest. Neither manager were the right fit for what their respective club/management were trying to achieve, and while they both did reasonable jobs as stopgaps they were never really seen as any more than that.

So, with respect, I think your analysis of what had occurred is a little short sighted in the way it was presented.

Regardless ...... The point is sentiment counts for nothing, nothing at all and nor should it.

What is it with this supporting a manager? Like Rafael is forever an employee of Liverpool?

I loved Peter Reid - does that mean I wanted man city to do well? No.

If we were offered Suarez a season or 2 ago I'd have driven to Barca to drive him to goodison ...... Why? Cos he is a brilliant footballer who would make us win games.

This is my point in all this

Watching the training vids and the thumbnails alone make me lose all hope for the coming season.

View attachment 133165

Sigurdsson, Iwobi and Gomes alongside Benitez, being attentive good boys deserving a second chance.... *sigh*
Nah don't be kidded, this fella has absolutely no qualms about launching them out the side.

Doesn't care, they may get a chance to prove his original thoughts on them were right or wrong.

Half the players who played under him tried to get him to like them.... Ever worked under a manager who doesn't let you know if they like you or not? The only thing you can influence is their professional opinion. Half of our players are manipulative sods and have got away with soft touches too long.

No one is a benitez fan, and I pity anyone who is a fan of managers just in the same way as players.

If someone serves Everton well, treats us with respect then they get respect back - but that's it.

Liverpool sacked Dalglish after winning the league cup and finishing 7th. The way our club has gone he could finish 15th with a quarter final in the bag and he would get a 5 year deal for sentimental reasons.

I'm read your post before band I feel your love for the club and I'm not happy that you feel like this cos you clearly care. If he is crap then I'll be the first to say get rid.
I thought he was sacked because he wouldn't take off that long red jacket? Eventually it ponged of wee, and FSG felt they had to act. I remember there was a big hoo ha after he was booted, all about how he'd donated the remainder of his contract to charity. Nonsense of course. 'And all the while the King was in his Counting House, counting out his money'.

Good morning sir.
Which part of my post you disagree with?
Good afternoon to you , I disagree with your assessment of Benitez as a defensive one trick pony based on his time in China. But hey we all look at these things in different ways and find evidence to back up our own opinions. In the end I am sure we will all be proved wrong and nobody will know anything until weve played a few games .
Have a great day

Good afternoon to you , I disagree with your assessment of Benitez as a defensive one trick pony based on his time in China. But hey we all look at these things in different ways and find evidence to back up our own opinions. In the end I am sure we will all be proved wrong and nobody will know anything until weve played a few games .
Have a great day
He was ultra-defensive at Newcastle, his most recent PL job, does that not count as evidence?

Keep getting those excuses in early for your boy Benitez.

Its a month before the season starts and we still have no right hand side, little pace in the midfield, no back up keeper, Toshun and a want away Kean as back up strikers and to top it off Richarlison will be missing the first few games of the season.

If Benitez does anything above 10th he deserves a contract extension.

Its a month before the season starts and we still have no right hand side, little pace in the midfield, no back up keeper, Toshun and a want away Kean as back up strikers and to top it off Richarlison will be missing the first few games of the season.

If Benitez does anything above 10th he deserves a contract extension.
Maybe your boy Benni doesn't want any new players? He's looked at the squad and thought to himself "a man of my exquisite skills can turn this ragtag gang of outsiders into champions", like in the Mighty Ducks? Have you thought about that? He is after all, in your words, the best manager we could get. So far, he has the exact same squad (unless you think Besic and Bolasie are game changers) as Ancelotti who got tenth place. Why shouldn't we expect at least as good a return from the "best" manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.