Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you support us when we had Allardyce?

For the record this is a bloke who knew he had a 6 month gig and negotiated 18 months for the cash ...... Didn't take early week training cos he was in Spain in his villa after flying there after the weekend match.
His negotiations are of no interest to me.

Yes, I supported the club through every manager since, as a kid, Carey.

We cant judge the bloke whilst this DOF of ours doesn't give him the tools to do the job.

Brands shoddy recruitment of letting Gana and Zouma go, not replace them and bring in Kean instead of an experienced CF saw Silva sacked.

Brands failure to recruitment an actual right hand side, credible back up to DCL when he was off form and any real pace/power in the CM saw Ancelotti stagnate here.

There is a pattern developing and we are a month away from the season starting with no new faces.

How long are we going to let managers take the blame for Brands failure in the market? Benitez will be the devil incarnate if we fail to beat Southampton first game yet at present we will have the same squad of wasters as last season minus Richarlison who'll be galavanting in the Olympics.

We cant judge the bloke whilst this DOF of ours doesn't give him the tools to do the job.

Brands shoddy recruitment of letting Gana and Zouma go, not replace them and bring in Kean instead of an experienced CF saw Silva sacked.

Brands failure to recruitment an actual right hand side or pace/power in the CM saw Ancelotti stagnate here.

There is a pattern developing and we are a month away from the season starting with no new faces.

How long are we going to let managers take the blame for Brands failure in the market? Benitez will be the devil incarnate if we fail to beat Southampton first game yet at present we will have the same squad of wasters as last season minus Richarlison who'll be galavanting in the Olympics.
We’re a long running case study in mismanagement from top to bottom

Benitez getting the job has really rooted out the people who support Everton cos they love Everton and the ones who support Everton because they hate Liverpool hasn’t it.

Swear we would be more successful if we stopped being arsed about them
I hate them mate The L in their name, my late father told me a small boy stood for LUCK .... does it bother me if we sign one of their player. As they have turned out very good in the past - Morrissey Sheedy, & Beardsley they stand out as bargains -
The manager that may be different, but maybe a team in our position 10th - that's all we could get - not my choice, but I will give him a go not slate him before he starts his job - if it's a blunder he will be sacked like the rest of past managers......

Brands failure to recruitment an actual right hand side, credible back up to DCL when he was off form and any real pace/power in the CM saw Ancelotti stagnate here.

You know he wasn't our player?

He is our Manager like it or not give him a chance - any manager coming to us atm - it's a hard job..... a chainsaw needed to remove the deadwood for starters....
He is Deadwood joey. Deadwood cant remove deadwood they're one in the same. If we'd have poached him 10/14 years ago when his stock was high it would be a different argument.,I thought he was great at Valencia and was gutted when he went to the shower, but hes a long time done now will only end in tears for us again.

I believe he is exactly the type of manager that many of our underperforming players need..

Shape up or ship out.
Mason Holgate is the classic example. A very talented young player who seemed to just breeze through last season, made lots of basic careless defending errors but still stayed in the team most weeks.
I don't think he will get away with that under the current manager.
Last season we saw some players kept in the team after dreadful performances and others left out after good ones....I hope that comes to an end as well. I am thinking in particular of Andre Gomes here and a couple of others as well.

I like a manager who keeps his distance from the players, it keeps them on their toes
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see holgate flourish under Benitez but it also wouldn't surprise me to see him jettisoned..... I fully expect Godfrey to go up a couple of levels - absolutely guaranteed.

Why do you need 6 u23 players??? Don't be extreme to try and strawman a valid point....

The moment a Gylfi or Gomes is dropped for an onyango it sends out a message. But that never happened.....

Would onyango be as good as Gylfi on Gylfis better game? Probably not. Would he likely agitate the coasters in the team by busting a gut - yes.

I understand far more about performance culture having worked in HR for near 20 years. Everyone has seen the annoyance of long established staff members when a newcomer joins a stagnant team with a fresh approach ....... They try and belittle them, call them a brownnoser, try and make them become lazy like them so they don't look so bad.
Hasn't Onyango got a broken ankle?so doubt he'll be replacing anyone any time soon.

Regardless of opinions about Benitez, he clearly does love analysing the tactical approaches to the game, such as this.

He needs to get out more.

Unless this results in us winning loads.

Regardless of opinions about Benitez, he clearly does love analysing the tactical approaches to the game, such as this.

He needs to get out more.

Unless this results in us winning loads.
I think he may have autistic traits. Not a bad thing at all in many regards, and may explain his cold shoulder / lack of emotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.