Congratulations, you have unlocked Cult Hero Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mashtray

Player Valuation: £25m
Hi Guys

Was just thinking, Ferguson was quite clearly a cult hero for us blues and there were many many names before him too.

I'm 30 and have been a blue for over 20 years and I look back at my viewing over that time and think who all are the standout few that could be called a "Cult hero" what exactly is a Cult hero? Is it only someone who has achieved something extraordinary? Service to the club? Commitment to the club?

If there was a voting process to who I believe has embodied everything in a club and led from the front in their own passion that connected to us fans, over my time as a conscious human with thoughts and feelings

I've would probably list
Cahill
Baines
Coleman.

In future I will always look back on their time with fond memories and those memories will age like a fine wine.

Thoughts?

Cahill Baines and Coleman arent cult heros they're a step above imo

Cult hero would be somebody some fans really like despite clear flaws in their game or people only here for a short time

Straq, Jelavic, Gana....

That sort of character

Hibbert is someone I’d class as a bit cult hero/figure. Fans rated the meme enough to overlook his shortcomings as a player.

Cahill Baines and Coleman arent cult heros they're a step above imo

Cult hero would be somebody some fans really like despite clear flaws in their game or people only here for a short time

Straq, Jelavic, Gana....

That sort of character
So you would say icon for top 3?

Just two in last 30 years. Dunc and cahill. Players with fight and passion. And score important goals throughout a long spell. Especially v United and RS. And usually when they in particular score the crowd lose it. And they have boss celebrations.

The way some people are defining it. Tony Hibbs could be a cult hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.