Congratulations, you have unlocked Cult Hero Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cahill Baines and Coleman arent cult heros they're a step above imo

Cult hero would be somebody some fans really like despite clear flaws in their game or people only here for a short time

Straq, Jelavic, Gana....

That sort of character
Joe max moore and landon donavon, our heroes from across the pond.

Graveson and carsley, our heroes who had no hair.

I think the club have misjudged the Ferguson thing.
They seem to think there will be a riot if he is removed as first team coach - in realty there would be a shrug and most fans would like to see him go and manage elsewhere to see if he’s up to it.

He was a good player but he’s no legend.
He was a good player and a very good player when he wanted to, not very often IMO, so all in all he could have done a lot better for himself and Everton and I bet he knows that and realised it after he retired.

When Ferguson was fit and fired up in the right way he was unplayable, a real talent and a total bully to some of the best CBs in the game. Unfortunately, his day was about 3 games a season so whilst he had some incredible games against Man U and the RS, they were few and far between.

As mentioned above Kevin Campbell was the one for me. Saved our arses from the drop with vital goals and has gone on to be a great ambassador for the club whenever he’s on tv now. Ferguson never did anything more than give us a few big wins against the odds but ultimately his injuries and discipline made him unreliable.

…I also think a lot depends on whether you particularly like the bloke & for some reason I never really warmed to Ferguson, but you are right that he was a handful when fit and firing.

Someone who works for the cause and doesn't go swanning off to another club as soon as they get recognised in the hope of "finding" rather than earning success.

So for me its sustained contribution and loyalty. Also perhaps, in these days of sterile media trained script readers, someone who's prepared to show some personality.

Amokachi would be a cult hero purely based on him subbing himself on and scoring two goals in a semi.
A cult hero in my eyes is someone who does something unconventional / does something memorable, but as said previous may not have been the best player or in the best team. On the flip side you can have players that are cult heroes as well as idols/stars, for example Cantona I'd class as being a cult hero for Utd fans, as he wore his collar up and kung fu kicked that palace fan.

Amokachi would be a cult hero purely based on him subbing himself on and scoring two goals in a semi.
A cult hero in my eyes is someone who does something unconventional / does something memorable, but as said previous may not have been the best player or in the best team. On the flip side you can have players that are cult heroes as well as idols/stars, for example Cantona I'd class as being a cult hero for Utd fans, as he wore his collar up and kung fu kicked that palace fan.
I would say Cantona is more of an icon. Though maybe they are the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.