2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I mean his approach to his profession is lazy. I don't think it's injury proneness alone, I think it's a lack of will and professionalism.
Yeah possibly.

He could just be a bit of a weirdo like Saha though where if he is not at 100% he just cant get his head around playing.

How can you blame the new manager? Once two faced Carlo was gone, so was he. Pathetic link mate, you may not want the manager but blaming him for this is dismal.

Im not “blaming” the manager, I’m just explaining the sad reality of the situation and the club

I was never too keen on Rodriguez in the first place. I could see some positives in expanding the club reach and improving the brand. But as a player for us I never felt as though it was a good fit. He did play well in the most part but barely played. I suppose he's not the worst signing we have made in recent years, actually on second thoughts he did fairly well.

I mean, he was definitely available more than he was unavailable. He was in 24 league match day squads out of 38. So yes, revisionism. Don't start quoting percentages and numbers as fact which aren't true.
Ironic you decide to ignore the cup games as well and being in a match day squad doesn't mean he's fully fit either but you do you :Blink:

I'd rather have a luxury player who is genuine quality
I'd rather we have decent players who are fit, players like Barry

A squad full of cowardly, fraudulent, useless, terrible, wage thieving footballers festering and stinking our squad out, and yet many of you would be happy to see the back of probably one of the most skilled footballers ever to have played for this club?!

We really don't deserve nice things.

I'd take a half fit James over the rest any day of the week - I really hope he stays with us, we are a better team and club with him than without.

Real shame that it will end like this. The first 6-8 games at the start of last season, with him bossing was (laughably) one of the most enjoyable experiences I have had as a blue.

Chuck that sexy through ball to Richarlison for the Derby win, and he has created some lasting memories.

He is the perfect type of player in 2-3 years time when we have hopefully got a sustainable top-6 squad. He would finish it off nicely.

Might not always have worked hard enough, or been committed enough, but was the most gifted player I’ve seen us have for a while. If Dom and Richy could learn to finish as well as James, and have the same composure, they would both have several more goals. Sad to see him going, there are loads more who offer far less, but if he doesn’t want to play for us, then thanks for the glimpses of class, mind the door on the way out!

Ironic you decide to ignore the cup games as well and being in a match day squad doesn't mean he's fully fit either but you do you :Blink:

I'd rather we have decent players who are fit, players like Barry
OK, he played 3 of 7 Cup games.

24 +3 = 27
38÷7 = 45.

Now my primary school maths may not be perfect, but I'm pretty sure that 27 is 60% of 45. Not the 30% you stated in your revisionism.

Not saying he was great but let's not pretend that when he signed any of us thought he would play every game. Thing is, even on an off day, he is still the only player who could produce a moment out of nothing.

But you do you.

Whole situation is a shame, but with Benitez hired, it's best James go now.

Everton can get some money and have time to plan and James can get playing time somewhere.

If they'd hired Nuno or pretty much anyone else I think he'd of stayed as he said on his IG a few weeks back. That was his plan...

The moment Rafael emerged, Mendes was activated for best interest of everyone involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.